1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it bad being obsessed?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Is it bad to be obsessed with a show or character? My problem is I'm obsessed with wanting to be like Eliot or Hardison from leverage on the wanting Elliot's hairy style and personality and skills and Harrison's hacking skills and such. It's gotten to the point I'm getting frustrated with my own body and so on cause it won't be like theirs and not being able to be like them in terms of skills. Is that bad? Any ideas on stopping or lessening the frustration and such? It's driving me crazy and upset.

2. souverian

I'm not familiar with the show, but my rule of thumb is that if it's negatively affecting your life away from the show, it's probably bad. If you can turn it into something productive like maybe learning more about hacking/programming or figuring out exactly what part of Eliot's personality you like, then maybe that can help.

Definitely ruminating is not going to help you, and since I have my own obsessions I know that it would be hard to "stop being obsessed" or something like that.