1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where my beach bums at?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by theMaverick, Jul 15, 2015.

1. theMaverick

Please tell me I'm not the only beach bum on EC! I don't (currently) live on the coast, but you don't have to! Daydreaming about nothin' but your toes in the sand? Is your head filled with tunes from Jack Johnson to Bob Marley to Kenny Chesney and Jimmy Buffett? Do YOU live on the coast? Is your ideal time involve sand, sun, and the water? Are you always on a boat, whether physically or mentally? Do you love to fish, surf, swim, wade, sunbathe or build sandcastles?

[​IMG]

^^My favorite/"home" beach^^

Let's commune and let our beach bum flag fly!

2. souverian

haven't been to the coast in years and would absolutely love to

3. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    When you're a Californian and you don't have any affinity for the beach, I have to take a suspicious second glance at you :wink:

I live just a few miles from the Pacific Ocean. I have been visiting beaches (mainly Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz, and various lake beaches) regularly since I was an infant. The beach is in my blood. Now, I'm not much of an athlete and surfing and other aquatic sports don't particularly interest me, but I love to sail, I love to sunbathe on the sand (that's limited for someone as pale as me, but I love it nonetheless) and I cannot get enough of the sound of the waves.

This reminds me--I should visit the beach more before the summer is over -_-

4. theMaverick

I have only lived by the ocean from October 2008-June 2009 (in Texas) and have only visited the beach outside of that 6 times but I have always felt an affinity for the ocean, even in high school, growing up in Oklahoma. It's now my #2 mission in life to move back to the Gulf Coast of Texas. I'm not a surfer, but I love to fish and be in the sand. I also have an intense interesting in sailing.

Oh, the sound of the waves. I fall asleep every night to that.

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it would be nice to live by the water, but not the generic beach. We have lots of lakes around here, so I hate the thought of beaches packed with people. I'm greedy, I know :lol:

6. Justinian20

I love beaches, here in Australia all the boys are shirtless and cute on the beach. I just love the hot sand and just laying in the sun on a towel or even on the upper dunes which are very hot and relaxing to me. I'd enjoy hot springs a lot, because I could relax in winter by sitting in one. But that isn't the beach, I hate the water, it's always too cold for me.

7. BiKate

I was born in a coastal city, then we moved to the country when I was 7. Lived back at the coast a year or so ago for like 7 months and it was great but I had to move back to the country with my parents because I couldn't afford it.

We lived in a dodgey little apartment and it was less than a 5 minute walk to the beach. I love watching the waves. It's so calming for me, always cheers me up. And that beachy smell is the best!

8. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love beaches. Skimboarding, sleeping, and sailing are probably some of my fave things to do, and I want to eventually learn to surf (but the thought of falling off the board and getting knocked under terrifies me xDD). I'm going to VA beach in August for a full week, and we're bringing the dogs! Usually we just stay for 3 days and don't bring the dogs, so I'm really excited. Plus, I have my own room this time so that'll be awesome.

9. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Definetly bro. Surfing is all I can think about in the summer. When I was a kid my parents would invite my aunt and uncle and their kids to our house near Oceanside, CA. That's where my cousin Zach taught me to surf when I was 9. They live out there full time so he's a lot better than I am, especially being so close to a nice beach all the time lol. I'm really psyched because I'm finally going back out to the old stomping grounds after 3 years. In two weeks I'm on a plane and off to paradise for a month and a half.

I'm glad you started this thread. It brings back great memories.

10. Psaurus918

I love the ocean. I'm not one for laying in the sand or swimming in the ocean but I love walking through the water up to my ankles, especially when waves are rolling in!

I've only been to the beach once this summer so far, I have a friend that has a beach house in MA and I've been planning on paying him a visit for a while now :slight_smile:

11. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't live on the coast, but I love fishing or just relaxing on the boat. :slight_smile:
    I used to go tubing when I was younger, but not really into that kind of stuff anymore.

12. Jellal

[​IMG]

Damn, I thought this was a Chrono Cross thread.

13. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a beach boy.., With a decent haircut.

There was something about Venice... Something quiet and soothing. Everytime I was there, hurs went like seconds. I never got tired of listening to the waves, seeing all the scenery. I should have probably stayed right there, never left...

I live next to a rier, but it's not the same. I'd kill to live next to a beach.

14. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    This summer will be my first time swimming in the ocean, I'm psyched!

But I grew up every summer, and some weekends in the autumn/spring on this beach. It's my favourite place on the planet! Sauble Beach, on Lake Huron. I would live very happily in that water for eternity.

(The otherside of the beach is okay... I hear there's a kinda cool, hockey/video game dude on the other side... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

[​IMG]

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love going to the beach, as I love the ocean. I had dreams of sailing around the world in my late teens and taught myself how to sail.

There was one beach, however, that captured my soul, and it happens to have been a solitary beach on the Quebec-side shores of Hudson's Bay, in Kuujuarapik, formerly known as Great Whale River.

I had a whole sunset all to myself, at night, I would gaze at the moon and the stars, interrupted by northern lights flowing like giant glowing green curtains suspended in the heavens...

16. theMaverick

Love to see everyone sharing their favorite beaches! @Michael, that's how I feel about my little home beach. It's a small town on the barriers islands of Texas called Port Aransas. It can be quite crowded. It blends into Corpus Christi, TX and the northern side of Padre Island, which in my opinion is the better half but everyone's heard of South Padre and they go there (I say let 'em). Port A as it's called locally is a tourist/fishing town. Just sitting on the beach and watching everyone go by is always nice. When I really wanted to lose myself in the sand, I'd go further down island, and I would often have the beach all to myself. The only time I've ever seen the Milky Way was on Padre Island, and it was quite a spiritual experience. I can't wait to go back.