1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Most Painful Experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Taly, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Guys, it's that time again!

Breaking the invulnerability wall.

______________________________ ________________________________________

what is your most painful experience? For me -

Mentally: Realized that I had been gaslighted by my needy "best friend" for several years on a moderate level. Though, this made me a more resilient person it messed with my head a lot for the next few months to a year.

Physically: I usually don't get hurt, and I have a decent pain tolerance... But I used to have gotten very bad stomachaches, and I also would almost-migraine painful headaches. They incapacitated me for several minutes sometimes. :confused: And I don't complain about pain.

2. souverian

obstruction in my stomach! eventually went to ER.
    went through 2 years of stomach pain on and off and didn't go earlier because
    1. didn't get worse and
    2. we had no money or insurance

that was fun

edit: oh, mental? verbal abuse/yelling. pretty sure it has messed with me in a lasting way.

#2 souverian, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  3. SabreBear

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Physically would be something with my kidney. I have chronic kidney disease, and I have had a few very close calls. I was thankfully unconscious for most of them, but the ones that I do remember.. I just remember feeling like I was boiling inside out, and that I was being shanked in the back continuously. Not fun times.

Mentally would be my first suicide attempt. That day I was to the breaking point and beyond. I don't like to think about it too much, and thankfully most of it is blurry.

4. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

Mentally/Emotionally: A tie between an extremely personal experience when I was 5 and the first time I felt like someone would be happier if I wasn't alive anymore.

Physically: I used to get really intense chest/abdominal pain before I had surgery. It was very, very painful.

5. The Wallflower

Mentally: Life

Physically: Life

6. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Mentally/Emotionally:
    Being torn out of the closet before I had the chance to accept myself. Mum's silences, the looks, the dread of seeing friends and of going back to school, and thinking that I couldn't bear to live and couldn't even contemplate death, thinking that the tunnel of darkness would never end.

Physically:
    Falling over and scraping my knee white so that the skin healed imperfectly; the same thing happened with my knuckles the next year.

7. CyanChachki

Mentally: My Middle school/High school years. It was one of the worst experiences in my entire life. I went from that once happy-go-lucky kid who just wanted everyone to be happy, to an angry, vengeful person who hated everyone at all costs. A lot of what happened during my time in MS/HS ruined who I was as a person and reshaped me into a totally different one. It took me a very long time to become who I am today.

Physically: Earlier this year from when I tripped on the cement side walk. I had landed on my knee and it felt like my entire shin bone had cracked right down the middle. It took me about a good two months of sitting down and icing before I could walk on it. I eventually had to use a cane to get around but with that being said, it's still not healed up. Though, the feeling is coming back in my knee yet, I feel like there's a long way to go.

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Mentally: Seeing my dad as old as he is and just thinking about what if he just dropped dead now? Unfortunately, I'm not as close to him as I should and I feel so awful about it and I guess I'm just a horrible daughter to him.

As for physically... only thing I can think of is the cramps I get when I'm on my period. I just lie there on my bed writhing in pain and it feels like something sharp is going through my stomach.

9. Formality

Mentally: When I was in my most depressed state and I felt so depressed that I hurt myself.

Physically: When I broke my thumb. I was skiing and crashed into a block of ice. My thumb didn't hurt that much but my chest felt like it had been split in 2. I could barely breathe and every breath was like a sledgehammer to my chest.

10. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    physically : so far none, i have headaches and stomachaches now and then but its doesn't affect my working or thinking capability.

mentally : verbal and physical abuse from my dad in public. so humiliating

11. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hm yes.. Story time.

I watched my dad die in my mums arms when I was 17. As hard as my younger cousin and I tried resuscitating him he was gone. That fucked my life up real bad, halfway through Year 12 and bottom hill from that point. Mental state fucked from then on.

Hm... I have a scar next to my right eye from when I was hit by a car when I was 11.

12. alilnervous

My girlfriend dumped me, I lost my job and four members of my dad's side passed away in one year. I was in Taiwan considering suicide due to the overwhelming depression and anxiety. Thinking about it already sucks and makes me feel terrible, but I'm a fighter!

My friends and love from people helped me through it, but also self discovery.

13. KaelTail

Mentally? Middle school. I was a firecracker tomboy in elementary school. Then I felt ostracized as girls became girly and I didn't. Plus my body changed in ways I didn't want/expect. I'm still recovering from serious social anxiety after hiding who I was for so long.

Physically? Getting an IUD. Now, I've been near the brink of death with severe pancreatitis caused by my birth control pill (Yazmin), and I've broken a bone straight down the middle and had it re-broken to set it a week later, but none of that was anywhere near as painful as getting paraguard put in. And I had it done alone and drove myself home afterwards. The pain didn't fade to a tolerable level for about a week.

14. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    1. When I passed out from pain, but I only remember walking out of the doctors office.
    2. When I got shocked on a light switch and it burned a hole in my skin.
    3. When I sprained my thumb badly.
    4. When I hit a fence skiing.
    5. When I tried suicide.

#14 PerfectlyNormal, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  15. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mentally, I would have to say that it was this last semester of college. I had this "friend", who played some major mind games with me. He was entirely codependent on me, and there was no way that I could break this, because he was my RA. He made my life at college a living hell, to the point where i had to spend some nights at my friends place to feel safe. Meanwhile, at home, my mother was battling stage 4 lung cancer. So, when she was in serious condition, I went home. Then, I had to catch up when I returned to college. I continued to work on campus, because I wanted to be sure that I could afford this coming semester.

So, a combination of all of that made this last semester beyond painful.

Physically: I would have to say it would be when I had lightening hit the lightpole that I was standing close to. I took a good shock from it, and it left me feeling like I was burning alive for days.

16. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds extremely painful!

Mentally I like to go roller blading, so I asked my dad one night if my mom could come up and take me (divorced parents). He was already in a terrible mood because as usual, my siblings were acting up. I had done nothing to provoke what came next. He started yelling at me for no reason at all. Then he started ranting about how I keep secrets and it turned out he'd been reading my text messages so he knew I was gay. I was so terrified, I literally cried for over an hour. I wish so badly I could go back and face him more bravely, but I couldn't take it then. Meanwhile through all this my mom is trying to contact me but he won't let me see what she's saying.
    I think it's somewhat strange we have a pretty solid kid to parent relationship. This was an uncharacteristic meltdown. I hope it's not wrong I'm defending his actions.

Physically I haven't really been injured badly. I think my mental much trumps any physical injury I've had.

17. Firepit5

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Mentally: When we went for more than 4 months with the possibility of my 4 year old son having a fatal blood disease. The not knowing just about killed me with stress. Thankfully it ended up being a benign condition.

Physically: Hands down, having my twins. The first was born precipitously (as in we barely made it to the hospital) and I had zero pain meds. Nothing. Nada. I wanted someone to kill me. And when it was over? Then I realized that I had to do it all over again because her twin was ready to be born. But he didn't cooperate and was breech with a prolapsed cord so he was an emergency C-section. Good times!

18. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Emotionally/Mentally:
    Being ignored by my friends, and bullied throughout the school year. I couldn't stand it to the point I became suicidal.
    Physically: Having my legs waxed for the first time. I had as much hair on my legs as an average guy, and it was terrible. The lady who did it had some sort of fight with my mom and didn't treat me very well and I bled quite a bit.

19. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To all those who have had suicidal phases:

I've talked to several friends(mostly online) before who have felt such things - and I've even came close to it during my middle school years when I was basically a sociopath magnet. So, I may not completely know what you've gone through via experience, but I understand what it's like to not feel as if you should completely be on this Earth. Life is blessing to everyone, and sometimes it can be very hard to see that in yourself - but you are a blessing.

If any of you guys need someone to talk to on EC; then I'm here. If you guys just need some hugs and kisses: (*hug*) :kiss: (*hug*) :kiss: (*hug*) <3

20. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mentally, don't know. I'm sorry to read about everyone's worst mental moments...

Physically, if anyone here has had appendix pains - holy crap - that's almost unbearable.