1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mini crush on friend!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Emmanuella, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Emmanuella

Oooh, these friend crushes are so annoying!!
    I had a (straight) crush on a very close friend a couple of years ago. I was head over heels in love with her, to be honest. She was very flirty and touchy, and I felt like she had a certain "edge" to her personality... and I misinterpreted that (and I took the fact that she never had a boyfriend as confirmation that she may not be entirely straight.) I eventually told her. She told me she loved me very much, but did not feel that way about women in general. She hoped we would still remain close friends. We did. It was hard at first but whatever I got over it. It was a couple of years ago.

Now we are working closely together for the summer and *teenie bits* of the attraction/spark are coming back. She's just soooooo...... *sigh*

I know she's straight (well, I'm 65% convinced.... but I know nothing would ever happen). I have zero expectation, as I'm a realist... most of the time. And pretty good at keeping my feelings in check.

But a girl is allowed to fantasize right? Is it weird if it is my friend that I'm fantasizing about?

Not sure why I'm writing. Mainly just to get my feelings out there. To process and share...not looking for any specific advise.

She's spunky, hilarious and gorgeous...tralalala (!)(!) And I get to spend the entire summer with her (woooohooooo). (!)

Ok, to be perfectly honest I might be a little worried that my old/strong feelings will resurface. I don't think they will. If she started dating some dude tomorrow I'm sure I'll be fine and happy for her (it's about time!!). But sometimes my emotions surprise me and I don't want that to happen.... darned emotions!! :icon_wink

2. alilnervous

Oooohh, unrequited love is painful :frowning2:. I'm sorry you had to go through that, it is just not fun. Rest assured in that you are definitely not alone, I for one have had that happen to me :/.

What are you going to do?

#2 alilnervous, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  3. Emmanuella

Yeah, it was painful at first. Very. I honestly got over it, and grew up a bit over the last couple of years. I've dated others and had other crushes/interests etc.

Now this one is back. But it's just a mini crush/attraction that I'm having fun with/ enjoying. I'm okay knowing that it will never be anything more than a crush/one sided attraction. At least I think I am!? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :wink:

4. alilnervous

There is something to be said about that rush of giddiness when you think of your crush, like your walking on air. I totally get the enjoying part!