1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IBM has gender identity listed in their non-discrimination policy!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by QueerTransEnby, Jul 18, 2015.

1. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was just looking at jobs, and I saw that IBM has listed in their non-discrimination policy protections for gender identity or expression! That's the first time I have seen that in a job ad. I guess they are like that because they are worldwide. No one else around here has that and few have sexual orientation outside of a few progressive companies and obviously cities with ordinances. Just thought that was cool, and I am not affiliated with IBM in any way. LOL.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They've really come a long way since selling punch card machines to the Nazis and sending people over there to program them.

~ Adrienne

3. LiquidSwords

Yah that's the law for every company over here so I guess I'd be less excited than you to see that as company policy haha

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very rare here, especially in this state and county. Sexual orientation is probably included in 20% of companies that have listed their non-discrimination policy in their job ads.

5. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fully two thirds of all Fortune 500 companies offer explicit gender identity non-discrimination policies. It's awesome, but it's actually not that uncommon. The numbers for sexual orientation are even higher--89% of all Fortune 500 companies have explicit sexual orientation non-discrimination policies.

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's Michigan, so it's a lot different. Ann Arbor has a lot of Fortune 500 companies, and the Big 3 is pretty affirming. However, the problem with the Big 3 is that most of their jobs now start out as contract. In fact, I'd say 90% of the jobs in the call center industry start as contract. The majority of them do not have specified protection for LGBT people.