1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i broken?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AsIUsedToBe, Jul 18, 2015.

1. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so imma try my best to make sense. sorry about the text lingo im typing this on my phone and i tend to get lazy. lol. so i am a very happy person you will hardly ever see me sad or angry. i wake up happy i fall asleep happy. Thats just who i am. But i have a hard time connecting with people when they are sad. Im starting to think its because of my home life. My parents are both depressed and are always angry and whenever they get mad, usually my mom, i laugh or smile because i cant take them serious anymore because everyone is always so angry. I dont understand why people freak out so much or why they are sad all the time. Ive never been able to be the friend to go to for help.. i cant be serious about that stuff.. I think most of the time the people are upset over things that are either easy to fix or not even that bad. I just dont get why i act this way around negative thoughts...

2. blackhatguy

This sounds kinda familiar.

When it comes to emotions, would you say you feel like you're playing a sport you've never practiced and don't know the rules for?

Do you feel like you've had an easier time with the whole LGBT thing than pretty much everyone else?

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    probably because you're unconsciously trying to cheer people up. since you've been surrounded by that kind of stuff your whole life, maybe you might not like seeing people in such a bad mood all the time. it just might be a natural instinct. it also seems like you're naturally a positive person. it could be helpful because you're able to be well composed in situations that other people can't handle. you may also represent the light in someone's life that you might not be aware of. it might be harder for you to understand those situations because you may have not gone through the situation that they probably consider to be difficult for them. eh, just my 2 cents.

4. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah when i realized i was gay i never worried about it it was jus like oh hey i like ths instead of this, whatever. Ll

---------- Post added 18th Jul 2015 at 09:52 PM ----------

That actually makes a lot of sense.

5. blackhatguy

You might find this interesting. Empathy Quotient Test

Don't know how accurate it is, but interesting nevertheless.

I guess the way some of us are wired just doesn't match up with the rest. The "I Am Not A Serial Killer" books have some interesting things to say on the subject.

6. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just took the test. I got a 47 out of a possible 80.

7. blackhatguy

Sounds like you just have an incredibly positive attitude towards life in general.

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Some people who are really down have a hard time understand people who are really happy. That's me.

And, the other way around, people who are really happy can have a hard time understanding people who are really down. That's you.

And btw, I did that empathy test and I thought it rather sucked... like sometimes it seemed to measure more about how social you are rather than how empathic you are.

If you better want to understand your parents, you can read about depression - one thing that's good to understand is that they can't really help it, unless they're targeting the depression itself.
    Wikipedia, because why not. Google "depression" and read up, it can help you understand.

9. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I understand depression when i was younger i had multipule eating disorders and horrible sadness. Imyself have been there but i pulled myself out of it. And that is what doesnt make sense to me. People say they cant help it, andvat times i truely do believe that. And i do realize depression is not an emotion. But other times i find that people i know use it almost as it is a crutch Or an excuse. Ihave always believed that its nt going to get better if you dont try or want it to get better. Doing nothing wont help. I used my depression as my motivation.

#9 AsIUsedToBe, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015