1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deadly Internet Sins

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Batman, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Everyone.

This is similar enough to Wallflower's Pet Peeve thread last month, however this thread only wants annoyances of the online nature. Things people do online that you consider to be sinful.

Examples to get you started: Grammar Nazis, self-promoting, chain emails.:thumbsup:

Bonus points if you throw shade

2. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The next-time I hear one of those youtube people go click subscribe or "please give me a thumbs up" for vlogging about their daily lives and not providing anything that's original, entertaining or educational, I will strangle a head of state.

I'm not sure if this is an internet thing, but internet political/news sensationalism like the rainbow filter for the legalisation of gay marriage in the United States. Firstly because it becomes a marketable tool for large corporations and prostitutes the issue of gay marriage instead of making it more accessible through the means of education. Secondly, I was not sure whether people were coming out or not on FB so I was unsure whether or not I should've hit on them.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This one girl who posts in the Advocate's comment section on FB is annoying; she keeps changing user names and asking for people to friend her so she won't be lonely.

4. RunicSquirrel05

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Clickbait links on social media sites is a huge annoyance for me. I read once that was like, "This Puppy Was Abandon At A Shelter, When You See What His New Owners Did For Him You'll Cry," and all they did was adopt him and give him a home. Like, okay that's awesome but that's not enough to make me cry.

When people post things without fact checking them on social media. I usually just post the snopes article and say hey check this out you don't need to worry that Arizona tea is made of piss (something one of my Facebook friends actually posted).

Finally, when people ask a question on social media and someone comments something unnecessarily sarcastic and unhelpful. For example, I posted a status asking if anyone had any kind of personal experience with a local college's program. My friend posted just google it. I already did? Now I want to hear from people I know and get their first hand opinion.

5. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I freaking hate it when I send a message to somebody and then they don't reply. Like, ever.

Since social media is something that we've adopted into our lives, I don't understand why social norms through the internet can be so different. I mean, if I get it if you're busy and can't reply right away or if you don't want to talk, but God just say something. I totally won't be offended if you say you're busy or that you don't want to talk at the moment. Even a quick "Fuck off" is more polite then totally ignoring someone.

6. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I just saw this show called Catfish today and on the show they helped a guy who had an online relationship with a man in another state called "Marq". He was in love with this guy, but eventually got hints he wasn't who he said he was. He even flew to his state to meet him and Marq stood him up! Turns out, the guy actually made a fake account with some other dude's pictures and they went to meet him and the whole thing blew up. Even though they cared about each other, the first guy was so mad that he'd been lied to that their relationship was ruined. So yeah, I'd call making a fake identity online and lying to people is an internet sin.

7. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll admit that I'm a complete grammar Nazi. It just really bothers me when people don't use proper grammar and spelling.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I detest Internet badasses. This can include the social justice warrior extremists, especially of the Tumblr variety, who talk harsh and type fierce, but the moment there is even a chance of being face-to-face they bail.

Don't know if I'd call it an e-sin though. It's more annoying and sad than immoral. Sometimes, it's even kind of funny. Especially when their rules of being tough come straight out of a bad fanfiction.

I can see through that shit, I assure you, LOL.

9. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was gonna say being a SJW but I don't know if that counts. I mean, it's like they claim to be "open minded" but then they go right ahead and attack people for saying something that they believe is immoral. They're sooo annoying, no one likes them and they usually go on their blog and complain about us "bigoted" people and it's just, no. No one in the entire galaxy likes 'em except for other SJWs.

10. Cider

I hate people that hide behind their anonymity to say extremely hurtful things they wouldn't say in real life.

I hate those social justice warriors that speak of non discrimination and everyone being equal, but then don't apply what they say themselves to their own lives.

And I really hate self promoters. Self promotion on other people's videos to me is like eating ribs without barbecue sauce. It just ain't right man

11. blackhatguy

Clickbait, "If you don't like or share you hate Jesus and worship at the feet of Satan's thrown," and people being offended by profanity or shocking content. Read the Rules of the Internet and come back when you can act like a big kid, ok folks?

Also, people who will not ever consider the possibility that they're wrong.

12. The Wallflower

Emojis...

So many emojis...

'LOL' is ok, just don't type it all the time... especially for stupid things that aren't funny. In fact, just talk to me using actual words.

"A MAN CHEATED ON THIS WOMAN... YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT SHE DID!" articles these days...

If idiot teens make up one more of those stupid challenges, I swear...!

Ok, I get it, you have personal problems. Feel free to deal with them by actually talking to someone, and not posting about it on Facebook.

I understand, I typed something wong. As long as you understoof what I meant, why the hell dues it matter how I wriote it?

Trolls... if you're a troll, you shall one day face me, and that day you will burn.

...Ok, maybe not really. But you'll recieve a stern talking-to.

Aww HELL NAH, I know that you saw my message! You better respond!

Girl, it's Facebook, not a strip club.

Guys, it's Facebook, not -practically- every dating website ever.

Sore losers in pretty much any multiplayer game.

I have more, of course... I always do.

13. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Click-bait videos like this one that used an old annual Christopher Lee Christmas video to get views by claiming it was his last video before he died. Benefitting in some trivial fashion from death – disgusting.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7NVnoiMV4

14. The Wallflower

15. CamaroBlack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ^ I hate assholes who do that I see the worst of this on youtube comments it's like these people have nothing better to do than go online and be assholes to others

16. GeneralAlly

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Attention-fishing & attention-whores:
    I'm totally fine with people coming into a chatroom, forum or website with their problems. What I'm not totally fine with is people who constantly say overly depressive and attention-seeking things like "I HATE LIFE", "NOBODY GETS ME", "I WISH I WERE DEAD", and just about every teenage girl on Facebook. There's talking about your problems, and then there's using your problems to manipulate people into paying attention to you.

People who use leetspeak:
    i get it its the internet not evry1 has to type perf but is it rly so hard to put an extra 2 mins into ur sentence 2 proofread it
    Did you hate reading that sentence?
    Cuz I sure did.

People that badger you for replies:
    Look, I get it, most people don't like being ignored, but I'm a very introverted person. I don't like talking to people for extended periods of time. I'm more comfortable and happy sitting alone in my room than I could ever be engaging someone in conversation. I still talk to people, because it's not healthy to be completely isolated from people, but sometimes, I just don't feel like talking one-on-one. So if I take a while to reply, then, well, sorry, but it's not like talking to me is the only thing you're capable of doing to keep yourself entertained. I'll get back to you when I get back to you, rushing me just makes me wanna not reply at all.

17. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The recomended for you links on youtube, if clicked enough, always will lead to conspiracy theories or aliens (not that conspiracy theories are all wrong, the earth being round once was a conspiracy theory).

18. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hear r a list of thins that cud b rlly annoying on da internet.
    1) ^^ above sentence. It's understandable to misspell common words if you don't speak English well or aren't able to learn easily. However, most people did go to fourth grade grammar, so please, show it. No, you don't have to sound like a great author while talking on the internet. But can't one spend two seconds extra to make just a little more sense?

2)People being assholes on the internet to other people. When people disrespect other people, it makes me really angry, whether in real life or the internet. However on the internet you can be anonymous and it seems to happen a lot more. I wish it would just stop.

3) OMFG LOL, ppl do that!? GTG, TTYL bae!
    Please, use english...Abbreviations are convenient, I get it. But if most sentences are comprised of misspelled words, lack of grammar and many abbreviations, it pisses me off.

4) On chat rooms, "how do you look?" "do you want to have sex on cam?" "what's your skype?" (Not even hi, just, "whats your skype?")
    I find it kinda shallow to ask how do you look, and eh, the rest bothers me if they don't chat first.

5) OMG [insert name here] rumored to be going out with [another name]
    Especially if it makes the headlines on social media... Also rumors are annoying.

Yeah, that's about all I can think of at the moment

19. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hate is the ultimate sin, within and without the interwebz.

I have spoken.

20. BelleFromHell

1) Click-bait/chain messages.

"OMG u guiz if i dnt resed dis messge ill b killd!!!!"

"if u guiz dunt shar tis pic uf a ded marne u h8 amrica ad u ar a hertles monter."

The Grammer Nazi inside of me was screaming as I typed those examples...

I've even seen my dad and my aunt share shit like this on their Facebook pages. They are fucking ADULTS. If I see anyone share that stuff, I instantly see them as a gullible idiot. I'm not sorry.

2) When people can't use proper English.

If English isn't your first language, I'll go easy on you... to a certain degree. Say what you want, but some messages are so terrible that it's almost as if they're ASKING for a Grammar Nazi to show up.

"omg ey luk soo hat in dis slfe!!"

UGHHH.... There is absolutely NO excuse for that.

3) YouTube comments.

"Everyone of German, Russian, or Japanese ancestry should be murdered for what they did in WW2."

"Obama is the new Hitler! He's commiting genocide against all straight white men! You should all be ashamed of yourselves!"

"If you like/don't like *insert name here*, you should kill yourself!"

"The Nazis did nothing wrong. Heil Hitler!"

"You're *insert name of race/gender/sexuality*! You could never understand what I have to go though!"

"All gays need to kill themselves!"

"White people who learn Japanese are stealing from Japanese culture! Fucking white supremacists!!"

"Any non-Japanese person who likes anything from Japanese culture is a fucking weaboo! Kill yourselves, fags!!"

"All feminists are fucking Nazis. The world needs MASCULINISM!"

... and this isn't even HALF of the shit I see on YouTube. I NEVER leave comments on YouTube, NEVER.

That's all I think of at the moment...

#20 BelleFromHell, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015