1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strangest thing that ever happened to you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by azure au, Jul 21, 2015.

1. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yesterday i was trapped in a small elevator with four other people, one of them a small child. I am extremely claustrophobic and concentrate to stay calm. I thought that only happened on t.v!

It got me curious as to the experiences of other people, what is the strangest experience you have been through?

2. Spacewalker

Not rly much strange. But one time when I was standing at the train station a black guy approached me and told me his name is Samuel and he liked my hair. It was just so weird but kind of sweet.

3. doinitagain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was standing on Brighton station and a chap came up to me and asked in French, if I know the dialling code for Casablanca. Being an international telephone operator at the time, and speaking French, I was able to answer him (010 212 2 at the time, now 00212 22 from the UK).

4. Azrael

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A drunk girl started squeezing my tits in public outside and Middle-Eastern restaurant...

5. randomconnorcon

Walking back to school from the grocery store, some guy started following me. He said I was a "pretty girl" because I have big breasts and kept asking where I lived and if I lived alone and if we could meet on Christmas Eve so he could give me a present.

I wasn't afraid. Nervous a little, but mostly I just get annoyed by people. I can only imagine the look on his face if I'd told him I was a guy.

6. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I walked in on my male cats humping each other. I know cats usually do this as a dominance thing, but both of them were purring and looked content. I've never seen animals doing that stuff before so I was a little surprised.

7. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've told this story to a few people on EmptyClosets! I was in the Supermarket when an elderly lady asked me whether I could reach up and get her a loaf of bread. I asked her what sort she wanted, to which she replied "any". Bit strange, I thought. So I got her a loaf of bread, handed it over. Then she... started singing. She stared at me, sang a song in another language (Welsh? Gaelic?), smiled and walked off. No explanation.

I mean... what?! :confused:

Wow, talk about being in the right place at the right time!

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Well... I had a sort of out of body experience when I literally "saw the light" and was like surging in the wind upwards into heaven... that was interesting... ._.

9. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Maybe the day I discovered the words in my signature.

It was when I was in high school; I was watching the Japanese sub of Digimon Adventure (I admit to still loving that show), and came across a scene when Vamdemon opens the gateway to the "real world" and recites some strange words to do so (the words in my signature). I didn't fully hear them, but I heard the "Orbis Tertius" at the end and recognized them as Latin. I didn't bother to look up what he said, thinking it was made up for the show. A day later, I picked up a book of Jorge Borges' short stories (at random--it was being given away for free in front of a neighbor's house) and I open the book, and the first story in the book is "Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius". It's certainly a coincidence I'll always remember. It's also the only conceivable way one could link my love of Digimon with my love of Borges.

10. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Idk if this is considered strange.

I once found a 5 leaf clover (yes, 5 leaf) and the next day it was raining. I found a brand new umbrella on my doorstep (on the door and inside the screen door), but I couldn't find the clover anywhere. Super duper luck.

11. peachypikachu11

Out Status:
    A few people
    I ran in to room yellimg the cheese is invading ...my mom was eating cheese i was like nooooo its really happening

12. Hobbes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was at my friend's house with a couple of other friends and we were in the living room talking. Her older brother came in and said "I'm so tired of living." He then slit his neck with a steak knife and fell down. We all thought that he commited suicide in front of us. Of course, my friend started crying her eyes out. When he heard her crying he got up to say sorry and comfort her. It was a prank and he had used red food coloring for blood. She then beat the crap out of him for scaring her while the five of us watched her.

13. fern96

Out Status:
    A few people
    I once took a plate outside in bare feet to pour the watermelon skins on it into the compost bin outside, and the wind blew the door shut behind me, locking me out. The rest of my family were abroad and my spare key was with my friend, who lives ten minutes, on foot, away. I didn't want to leave the plate behind because someone always steals things that are left on our front doorstep (I live in the UK so we don't have mailboxes) so I had no choice but to take it with me. I ran up the jagged pavement in bare feet for ten minutes solid to get to my friend's house. I live in a populous city.

I guess this was more embarrassing for me than anything, but I wonder what it must have looked like to the people that I passed on the way. You always hear things about people seeing 'crazy' people on the streets, and it's strange being the person people probably talk about for once. This isn't particularly profound but it's recent, so I thought it was worth sharing. :slight_smile:

#13 fern96, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Posted in July 2011:

And yes, he eventually showed up.

[​IMG]

Last month, I played records while a friend smacked a watermelon with celery stalks, and then a guy dressed as a horse ran in, played cowbell, then shot off a confetti cannon.

I tend to have weirdness follow me around.

Lex

15. Onix

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It was last winter and pitch black I was up the town with some friends all but be and one other had to go we got in an elevator and like the first story it broke down the light went out as well but I did not mind That now look I am very claustrophobic and my friend knew that I guess he heard me hyper ventilating and he leand over and kissed me it was the thing I least expected from him but it worked and I completely forgot about the confined space

16. MetalRice

I once while in the car with my parents saw a guy in a KKK hood on the street holding up a sign that said "will dance to pop music in exchange for gay blowjob"

17. heyalove

heyalove Guest

Last week this guy started talking to me and asking random questions and asked if i wanted to hang out sometime...creeper lol.

18. Justinian20

I've had one strange moment in Sydney, where this guy came up to me and asked me if I wanted a smoke, it was so strange, like I won't ever smoke and this one dude asked me in the middle of a small shopping mall. I was a bit freaked out so lucky I had some friends to help me out

19. Ardi

Out Status:
    Some people
    Eh, this isn't really strange... okay maybe a little? I was at the pool and I was walking back to my table, when all of a sudden, I hear someone shout, "OH MY GOD! LOOK, IT'S NAT WOLFF", so I turn around and I see this kid pointing at me and holding his mother's hand. Everyone in the area was looking at me, and I'm guessing that I had an extremely bewildered expression on my face. He runs up to me and asks for my autograph, and I honestly was just so shocked, and before I could say anything, the mother laughed and said "no, sweetie, that isn't Nat Wolff..." Then when she finished laughing, she said, "I apologize about that, but you do look a lot like Nat Wolff." then she winked at me and walked away.

It all happened so fast... and it was so awkward, oh god...

I feel like this is the wrong story for this kind of thread, but oh well. I guess I just find it strange because... that was the first and only time someone confused me for a celebrity... and I didn't even really look too much like him, honestly. So it was strange for me. ^^;

20. Taly

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me "sleepwalking" to my parents room at night then walking back

Next morning I remembered it as a dream and asked them; they said I actually did that and I was completely incoherent.

But yeah - not the strangest thing, but definitely on the weird scale.