1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abusive relationships are terrible!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChloeKiss, Jul 23, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I just could never ever imagine laying a hand on a future girlfriend if it wasn't in a loving manner.. Or talk about emotional abuse! That is sickening! The thought of someone treating the person they're suppose to love, care for and support like shit is just.. Gut wrenching. I could never hurt a girl emotionally or physically unprovoked! The world is very twisted. Some people don't deserve to be in relationships.

I know I am total girlfriend material because I wear my heart on my sleeve in relationships! Abuse is selfish and personally in my honest opinion completely inhumane! Thoughts?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love you Chloe. :slight_smile: I hope you get the best wife ever in the future!

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a survivor of an emotionally abusive relationship. Years later, I still get flashbacks. It's fucking awful. I can only hope she's stopped treating people like that, but I somehow doubt it.

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm very sorry you had to go through that. (*hug*) but you are a survivor and that's what's important. :slight_smile:

5. warthog

Ah yes... the problem with abusive relationships, is that the victim sometimes develops a sort of Stockholm syndrome thing. I was emotionally abused, and I didn't even care, and months i'd just be waiting for that one kind thing to be said or done. looking back now I wonder how the heck I endured. It's love, of the most desperate kind, and in the end you feel like you're not worth anything, and assume this is as good as it gets.
    hah ... I still wait for him to come around. sheesh

6. BENTLEY

As someone who was both emotionally manipulated and cheated on, I cannot stress enough how horrible it is to abuse of someone, whether it be physical or emotional. This also goes for non sexual/romantic relationships as well. Such as family members, and friends.

Like for example, my mother doesn't realize, but she's very manipulative and emotionally abusive, constantly reminding me of what she's done for me, trying to make me feel guilty, when I try to prove a point. Some people don't even understand or recognize the types of abuses there are, and these things can go unnoticed.

7. Leifa

Abuse is the worst... I've suffered from it from many places. No one should ever have to go through it.

I did similar...

Just recently I fell in love with a straight girl and she completely took advantage of it... Was emotionally abusive and had me do things I wasn't comfortable with until she didn't want anything more to do with me last month. Just now realizing her (cruelly) throwing me away was actually good for me... The sad thing is for the longest time I was actually proud to be her "friend" because she's somewhat well know and was something I wanted to be. (Published author, owns a news site I see people linking all the time etc...)

I don't know why people have to be so cruel to other people :<

8. LesbianThrasher

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, especially with heterosexual couple what with the guy always being the strongest and the lady has to suffer all those beatings because women are weaker than men. I can't understand how a man can abuse someone who's weaker and more vulnerable than they are.

Homosexual relationships can be, eh. Not like they're NOT abused but if it's two women who are being physically abused, they won't suffer from too much 'cause girls aren't as strong as guys. I guess it can cause psychological problems but there's no real threat when there's two women fighting.

9. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Aw thanks Andrew! I hope you get the best husband! I love you too :slight_smile: you're like the little brother I never had ^_^

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2015 at 12:20 AM ----------

I'm so sorry Maddy! I wish you didn't have to go through that. That's devastating. I hope your current gf treats you better!

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2015 at 12:21 AM ----------

Oh my god.. It's more common on EC then I thought! There are actual victims on here?! I'm so sorry :frowning2:

10. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Women fighting can be fucking vicious.

11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

My mother has been through some stuff with me back when I was going through puberty.. I was on this medication that made me the devil. I always said sorry but I feel guilty to this day. I definitely changed but I was a shit of a kid. Mum and I are on great terms these days though. I guess it wasn't just my fault I mean.. We both disagreed a lot! And she didn't understand my anxiety.. But yeah no excuse for any abusive relationships.

12. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. I think that anyone can do a lot of physical damage if they put their mind to it, regardless of their gender. You're also assuming that the abuse is an "equal fight", but one of the people involved may refuse to strike back at their abusive partner. Not to mention the fact that sometimes weapons and household objects can be used in the violence.

I don't think we should be under any illusion. Domestic violence in same sex couples can be just as devastating, physically and mentally, as opposite sex couples. In some respects, it's even more dangerous- as it does seem to suffer from a lack of awareness.

13. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

God.. So sad :frowning2:

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2015 at 12:29 AM ----------

I disagree.. I think emotional abuse is the worst and I swear to god women can be the best manipulative artists! I would for sure leave a future gf if she treated me abusively. Bitch wouldn't deserve me.

14. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One thing about abusers is the way they convince you you're not being abused, or even that you're the one in the wrong. K had me convinced I didn't deserve her and that I was wrong to tell her that she was hurting me.

15. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Wtf?! She didn't deserve to have YOU! That's so wrong. What a twisted bitch.

16. Leifa

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. I think that anyone can do a lot of physical damage if they put their mind to it, regardless of their gender. [/QUOTE]

Agreed anybody can be abusive... it doesn't have to be just men..women can hurt you really really bad. Physically, emotional....however.

Tell me about it... It's the worst. They just make you feel like you're in the wrong. That you deserved it. That it's your fault... it's horrible. I've been through it at home growing up and in relationships.

17. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tell it, sis! Absolutely damn right!

18. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

There's more kinds of abuse besides physical. Emotional and sexual abuse happens between same-sex couples too, which is equally as traumatizing.

Besides, women may be less physically stronger than men in regards to muscle mass, but they are stronger than both genders if they're holding a gun and the other is defenseless. How many women have completely gotten away with the murder and serious harm of their male partners because of extreme weaponry? A lot actually.

Not to mention this depends on your body type. A strong, tall, and toned bodybuilder woman can seriously wreck you up and hurt you if you're a 5'1" 90 lb woman. So many things are circumstantial and It's inappropriate to judge every case and say it's somehow lesser than heterosexual abuse.

19. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen physical and emotional abuse occur in LGBT relationships as well. This is not only something that straight people have to deal with. Sometimes it can be harder for LGBT people to get out of abusive relationships, because there are not as many resources that are available to them. Your last paragraph of this post sums up the toxic thinking that is the reason why there is not much help for LGBT victims of abuse.