1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your definition of love, personally?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jul 24, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

Hi, my little ducklings. I hope everyone is feeling happy pappy snappy today!

Ahh, love... what a weird little thing. Sometimes we enjoy it, sometimes we despise it, and sometimes we even feel like we need it.

We all have different takes on it.

What is your definition of love? What do you think love is?

I thought this would be interesting, since 'love' doesn't have a clear definition... Don't listen to them dictionaries.

To me, love is just feeling comfy and happy around those that matter. Simple as that.

Oh, and before you ask-- no, I'm not seeing anybody. :lol:

2. warthog

love is a well garnished salad ...

3. alilnervous

Loving yourself and loving others, having that complex balance of loving someone for who they are but not letting that allow them to be assholes to you.

Sometimes I feel like unconditional love can be misleading, because unconditional doesn't mean let someone do what they want, it also means respecting yourself also.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's something that makes you feel really good and happy when you're around someone, because they are very special to you.

5. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    love to me means i dont have to get dressed up to see them, and just wanting to hang around. love means that your happy with the relationship you have with that person wether it be friendship, or dating. when i look for a boyfriend, he has to not be clingy (thats my job lol jk!) and is fine if i want to hang with other people besides him lol.

6. Cider

True love to me is when your partner gives you their Netflix password.

But seriously, true love is when you still love your partner despite their flaws, it's when you feel 100% comfortable with them, etc.

7. warthog

Love is the Sasquatch of emotions, no one has seen it but there is some "evidence"

8. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ill happily see u lol :grin: :lol:

9. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being comfortable around somebody without worry of judgement, and wanting to be around them often. Its a whole bunch of feelings, loyalty, happiness, sometimes pain, and forgiveness, and desire to stay with this person. Romantic love is similar, but stronger.

10. biggayguy

"What's love but a second hand emotion?"

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Accepting someone unconditionally, flaws and all (Within reason of course). That brings it past the infatuation stage for me.

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I debated something fancy, but tossed it out. It boils down to this, for me:

When you want to be better.

If you love something, like a sport, you'll want to be great at it so you may enjoy it better. It's the same thing when it comes to another individual, you want to be better, not just because they should have somebody better, but you want to be.

Basically, you feel and become better. They're the breeze on your warm day, the sprinkles atop your ice cream, the fizz in your soda.

They make you feel the way you want them to feel, or should.

14. The Wallflower

Ugh, my allergies are acting up again! :tears: :eusa_clap

15. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Love is being glad, happy, or excited around someone because of who they are, not how or what they are.
    Liking is being glad, happy, or excited around someone because of how they are and/or how they act.

One cannot love anything that never was or never will be a self aware being (or anything dead), if one does, that is liking not loving.

One could love a person but not like them.

#15 PerfectlyNormal, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  16. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me love is when I am able to trust a person more than I ever considered possible. To enjoy their company, forgetting about the world. Not having to check my phone every three seconds :lol: Someone I think of all the time. Someone I would do many things for, not everything, because loving them doesn't turn me into their slave and I have my boundaries. Someone whose company I crave and with whom I forget the concept of boredom. Someone who makes me feel loved, feel like I matter. Who brings a smile on my face even when I'm sad, sometimes even unintentionally.
    And as I'm writing this, I realise each and every one of these fits this one person. Sh*t.
    But then again loving someone and being IN love with them are two VERY different things.

17. Ryu

Ryu

Shrek is love...
    Shrek is life.

I... Couldn't help... It...
    love
    lʌv/
    noun
    noun: love; plural noun: loves
    a strong feeling of affection.
    "babies fill parents with intense feelings of love"
    synonyms: deep affection, fondness, tenderness, warmth, intimacy, attachment, endearment; More
    devotion, adoration, doting, idolization, worship;
    passion, ardour, desire, lust, yearning, infatuation, adulation, besottedness
    "his friendship with Helen grew into love"
    compassion, care, caring, regard, solicitude, concern, warmth, friendliness, friendship, kindness, charity, goodwill, sympathy, kindliness, altruism, philanthropy, unselfishness, benevolence, brotherliness, sisterliness, fellow feeling, humanity
    "their love for their fellow human beings"
    relationship, love affair, affair, romance, liaison, affair of the heart, intrigue, amour
    "he is confident that their love can survive"
    antonyms: hatred
    a strong feeling of affection and sexual attraction for someone.
    "they were both in love with her"
    synonyms: besotted with, infatuated with, enamoured of, love-struck by, smitten with, passionate about, with a passion for, consumed with desire for; More
    captivated by, bewitched by, enthralled by, entranced by;
    devoted to, doting on;
    informalmad/crazy/nuts/wild/potty about, bowled over by, carrying a torch for;
    informaltwitterpated by
    "I'm in love with Gillian"
    affectionate greetings conveyed to someone on one's behalf.
    "give her my love"
    synonyms: best wishes, regards, good wishes, greetings, kind/kindest regards, felicitations, salutations, compliments, best, respects
    "my mother sends her love to you"
    a formula for ending an affectionate letter.
    "take care, lots of love, Judy"
    a great interest and pleasure in something.
    "his love for football"
    synonyms: liking, weakness, partiality, bent, leaning, proclivity, inclination, disposition; More
    enjoyment, appreciation, soft spot, taste, delight, relish, passion, zeal, appetite, zest, enthusiasm, keenness, predilection, penchant, fondness
    "her love of fashion"
    a person or thing that one loves.
    "she was the love of his life"
    synonyms: beloved, loved one, love of one's life, dear, dearest, dear one, darling, sweetheart, sweet, sweet one, angel, honey; More
    lover, boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other, betrothed, paramour, inamorata, inamorato;
    informalboyf, girlf
    "don't fret, my love"
    BRITISHinformal
    a friendly form of address.
    "it's all right, love"
    informal
    used in affectionate requests.
    noun: a love
    "don't fret, there's a love"
    (in tennis, squash, and some other sports) a score of zero; nil.
    "love fifteen"
    verb
    verb: love; 3rd person present: loves; past tense: loved; past participle: loved; gerund or present participle: loving
    feel deep affection or sexual love for (someone).
    "do you love me?"
    synonyms: be in love with, be infatuated with, be smitten with, be besotted with, be passionate about; More
    care very much for, feel deep affection for, hold very dear, adore, think the world of, be devoted to, dote on, cherish, worship, idolize, treasure, prize;
    informalbe mad/crazy/nuts/wild/potty about, have a pash on, carry a torch for
    "I love you, Rory"
    antonyms: hate, loathe, detest
    like or enjoy very much.
    "I'd love a cup of tea"
    synonyms: like very much, delight in, enjoy greatly, have a passion for, take great pleasure in, derive great pleasure from, have a great liking for, be addicted to, relish, savour; More
    have a weakness for, be partial to, have a soft spot for, have a taste for, be taken with, have a predilection for, have a proclivity for, have a penchant for;
    informalget a kick from/out of, have a thing about/for, be mad for/about, be crazy/nuts/wild/potty about, be hooked on, go a bundle on, get off on, get a buzz from/out of
    "Laura had always loved painting"
    Origin
    I think that covers everything...

18. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tough question. Everyone's definition is pretty different, and I'm unsure of even my definition of it. I guess trusting someone, accepting them/supporting them, flaws and all. Wanting the best for them and wanting them to be happy. Would probably go to the horizon and back for them.

Though of course romantic love, platonic love, family love. It differs in some aspects. Depends on what type you're really referring to. But in general I think love is just supporting someone and wanting the best for them.

19. Burnedcloset

I'm not sure.

20. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Someone I can go all out with