1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Holiday Projects

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ryu, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Ryu

Ryu

Well... Another quick question...
    Have any of you that aren't going on holiday (I feel poor now...) here got any projects you've set yourself or as homework I guess... Anyway, if so, what is it/are they and if you can put a picture here when you're finished!

Mine is probably going to be make a cigar box slide guitar, but before hand I'm gonna make a diddley bo to get the ideas right, as well as learn to make tuners because I haven't found anything on the internet on that so far... Both of them are hopefully going to have pickups I made myself. When. (If) I get round to doing it I'll probably put updates on my blog thingy here...

In summary, watcha doin over the holidays ?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel yeah, haven't been on holidays for a while either :slight_smile:

Hmm I guess in summary: go to work, play videogames, and waste time on the internet. In terms of projects, my dad got some nice maple (?) boards, and made some really nice paddles. I'm thinking of trying the same :slight_smile:

3. essie

I want to read and cross-stitch until my eyes and fingers become bloody and unusable. That's my plan for the holidays, but hey, your plans sound wonderful too.

4. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I already made 3 signs that go in my bathroom that say live laugh love, painted my room with the same theme and zebra hearts on one of the walls, now I'm making a picture to go in my room with the same thing to tie everything together, I need to make a picture for my bathroom to complete that room, as well as finish some pillows I made for my bedroom. I usually have tons of projects going on just to keep me busy.

5. RunicSquirrel05

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm planning on doing so major work to my car: repairing scratches, dents, painting it, fixing some other stuff that's wrong with it and maybe possibly installing a new stereo system (if I'm feeling really ambitious). I also started learning how to drive manual transmission so my other goal is to get comfortable enough with it (I'm learning from a friend in her old jeep) to possibly buy a manual car myself. Which, if I buy a manual car I won't install the stereo in my current car.

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Project-wise planning to finish writing/recording my album (sort of an independent thing, it's nothing too big) and release it on Bandcamp :slight_smile:

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm just going to work all though the holiday

8. Ryu

Ryu

I made a diddley bow today... Yay! Now I gotta get a cigar box and some machine heads...