1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any one now anything about jrotc

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peachypikachu11, Jul 24, 2015.

1. peachypikachu11

Out Status:
    A few people
    I need to know the requierments of rotc

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Requirements as to what you are expected to do? Well if your jrotc program is similar to the ome I was a part of in highschool then you are going to be taught how to march, learn memory work stuff like chain of command, and memorize your ranks. You may even have to dress up at least once a week in the uniform of the branch of the military the jrotc program is modeled after. You will be expected to have your ranks and ribbons (if there are any) in the correct order and position on your uniform along with your name tag. This is all I can remember ._. I hope I helped at least a little c:

3. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did this back in high school. And the first thinv you gotta do is remember the creed. Then learn the faces. About face, left face, right face, behind face. Then I guess you can start picking which branch of rotc you wanna go into. Whether it be color guard, logistics, rifle spinning...
    I hoped that helped.. that's atleast what I had to do.

4. Ashley2103

I pretty much just switched to the class when I was in high school. You have to keep your uniform nice and show up to events. (and practice marching)

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ooh gurl, JROTC was my jam! I was in Air Force rotc all four years of high school, making it to one of the highest leadership positions available.

But that final position (and rank of C/LtCol.) was not what I liked most about it. In counterpoint to what the others said about marching, it's not really that important overall, except maybe in freshman year when you have tests on the commands. But I loved marching and pursued it by joining the performance drill team. I got to be the drill team commander and saw a significant improvement in the team's overall quality with my teaching. I'm only sad we never got to go to competition :frowning2: but we did get to lead the classes as a team during parades and looked razor sharp while doing so. I was so proud I got to help others improve in that great experience. :grin:

Back to your question though, what are the requirements? Nothing really. It's a regular elective you take instead of some other class, and you have uniform inspection for a grade once a week. The branch of service it's for dictates what the academic portions will be like. Mine was USAF so we did aerospace science. But there's that and you might have physical training, or PT, also, so make at least half an effort to be fit as well. Volunteer for events, put in effort, and you'll both love it and rise quickly in rank/responsibility. Hoo rah! :grin: