1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those who aren't out yet (stories)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Nekobi, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So does anyone have any funny, awkward etc, stories about being in the closet? Just curious since I was just sitting and thinking about several times that I've done some shady things to hide my lesbianism (that a word?) Anyway I'll start off:

So this was a few years ago, I didn't really fully understand my sexuality but I was beginning to realise I was into women and not men. So immediately the fact that I hang around with mostly straight teenage girls raises a problem. I begin to realise that they tend to talk about boys... as in a lot!

Anyway one day I'm walking home from school with a couple of them and they start talking about boys. One of my friends gets out their phone and shows us a picture of some boys abs (yeah they're kind of perverted). She says "Isn't he really hot? I kind of panic and just reply with "yeah, I guess."
    She looks at me funny and goes "Really? You don't lile abs? Then I really panic. I spot a picture of some abs through somebody's window and I'm like "Now those are some abs. That's hot!"
    We pause. She looks at me and says questioningly "That's a picture of Buddha"
    Me: "Yeah but Buddha's f***ing hot right!"

I went home extremely embarassed and have never gone out of my way to pretend to be straight again. I'm just no good at it.

Exttemely long story, sorry.

2. Garnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your story is really funny! One time, my mom was packing cookies for a trip and asked me if I wanted chocolate or vanilla, and I said chocolate.

Mom: don't you like both?
    Me: but not the same day!
    Mom: I thought you liked both genders!

And I freaked out and spilled the water I was drinking.

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol nice stories. I can totally relate with the pictures thing, especially. This one time me and my best friend were hanging out and she started showing me pics of celebrities she thought were hot. So to try and hide that I wasn't into it, I over enthusiastically nodded and agreed.
    Also I used to make up crushes on boys and allow myself to be teased so that I would fit in...
    So glad I'm pretty much past that now.

4. The Wallflower

Well, I wasn't technically in the closet, but this was when I was ''stepping out''.

My friends (who both knew I was gay) and I were at the library. There was this boy I had a fudgeload of a crush on. I called him ''Beanie boy''. He decided to walk inside, and I told my friend Grace: ''Ugh, he's so cute!''

I think she was high before what happened next; she decided to yell really loudly: ''Wiiipitii Rafael esta enamorao!'' as he passed by.

What does this mean? It means ''OMG RAFAEL IS IN LOVE!''

In real life, I'm a rather quiet and shy person, so you can imagine how I felt.

I wanted to die as soon as those words came out of her mouth.

I wanted to grab a motherfudgin' shotgun and shoot myself that very moment.

Beanie boy smiled and giggled, and so did my friends.

I left with a cherry red face. Ugh. At least I got my revenge on them.

5. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not completely closeted anymore, but this is funny! :lol:

When I was completely closeted, I was actually pretty good at concealing my gayness. Although there were a couple times when guys would ask me if I thought this one girl was hot (showing me a picture) and I was like "sure". And they were like "really?" so I just told them it wasn't "my type of girl".

6. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow garnet your mum is just so blunt :3
    These stories are really funny.
    I used to make up crushes on boys too, only because my friends wouldn't stop bugging me.

Something happened kind of recently actually my friend asked me to play kiss, date, marry. Everytime she asks me what my sexuality is and I usually answer straight but this time I said "I don't know". I guess I was kind of thinking this was going to lead to me coming out to her but instead she said something like: you can't not know, you gotta be something.

Ugh I just gave up and said I was straight. I blew a pretty good opportunity :<

7. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

My friends show me pictures of hot girls and point out hot girls at work to me and I feel nothing. All I ever say is "Yeah." I work with my best friend, and we stood outside after work talking with this new girl we made friends with and my friend (who's straight but knows I'm not) and her were talking about how he's not gay or bi but if given the chance, he would make love or whatever with his man crush. New girl then turns to me and asks if there's any guys I would do anything with and I just shook my head. She asked who and I froze. Luckily, my friend started a new conversation and I didn't have to go on. I thought of someone though and started thinking of more, and why. I practically almost blurted out that I'm gay. But I didn't. We have an odd circle of friends. Everyone was joking about guys holding hands and a few hours later I brought the joke back and pulled another friends hand out of his pocket and held it for a while. We locked hands and everything. Honestly, I think this same kid is bi. He makes a lot of gay jokes about himself and goes pretty far with them, even physically. Everyone at work has also established that my best friend and I are dating(were not) and I'm the woman. To them it's a joke but they couldn't be closer to the truth xD I'm gonna slip up one of these days and I know it. I don't know how some people don't know. I feel like I'm reeeeeaaaaaaally obvious sometimes. Lol

8. j13

j13 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i can totally related to these stories =)

I am still closeted.

My friends are pretty much open with each other. In high school, my mate was chatting up a girl for me (because I wouldn't do it. Who would have thought haha). His chatting up technique was describing my rock hard body, muscle physique and great technique in bed (all lies btw).
    Anyway, it got to the point where he was so over the top that he was describing the perfect guy.... I really wish I was the girl being chatted up that day haha

9. SocceRoo

This was back when I thought I was straight.
    I was at a party and my best friend tried to get me to sleep with this girl because I was a virgin at the time. Part of me wanted to, but it didn't feel right, we were both drunk, I had never met her before that party and we didn't even talk to each other before this. I tried to talk my way out of it and failed. Some how my friend and this other girl managed to convince her to sleep with me as well.... so they more or less shoved us in the spare room together. I asked her "do you really want to have sex or did they pressure you into it?" she replied "yes" but I think she was to drunk to answer that, then after about a minute of awkward silence I pretended I was going to throw up and went to the toilet. I got payed out so much for that XD. It was one of the most awkward situations I had ever been in.

10. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Whoa Socceroo that's a pretty awkward moment :3
    Kudos to you for not giving in though.

11. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh, Nekobi xD
    That's hilarious...I can't stop laughing.

When I was closeted and trying to hide my relationship, I pretended I only liked anime guys. Which I do, they're freaking sexy. ...but the girls are better.

And this is sorta after I came out, but apparently these girls from my gym class were making bets on whether my girlfriend or I were the "gay" one or if we were dating. They all told me I looked gayer.

I was eating a chocolate covered banana...and I was with my friends and the topic of gay people came up. I proceeded to "blow" my banana to deny any suspicions they may have had about me. It was so stupid and awkward!!!
    And hilarious now that I think about it.

12. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow Love01 that's dedication (ノ>▽<。)ノ

Mmmm chocolate covered banana tho... One good thing about being gay is that I can say that without it sounding sexual :3

13. Sanna

Same for me Nekobi! None of my friends who know my orientation will think sexual stuff when I say the word "banana!"

I can relate to loveislove01.. people have thought that I'm "gay", maybe because I look like a "butch" female :slight_smile:

14. randomconnorcon

When I was not telling people about my sexuality, it was only because I didn't care to. I posted stuff on Facebook, though, had them guessing. That started when I was 15... I only told people the truth this year. That was hilarious, I won't lie.

As for gender, I'm still 'closeted'. But I dress in way that match my male identity. Only my nine year old brother has caught on, though. He gets so confused when people call me a girl and they get confused when he replies with "But she's a boy!!!"

It's a little funny. I wish others in my family agreed with him, though.

15. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^That's hilarious, Connor.

When I told my older brother I was trans, he replied "So that's why you dress like that."

That and my little siblings tell me, "I bet you wish you were born a boy!" If you only knew.

16. kool aid

The last time my auntie visited us from Jamacia, she, my dad and i were talking. When my dad left the room my auntie said "so your dad you were thinking of coming out soon"
    I almost died there and then. I wasn't sure how my dad knew this because he would be the last person I would tell.
    After saying "pardon" a couple of times i realized that she meant come out to visit her and I was extremely pleased. My dad then came back and told her about how we were planning to visit in the summer and i got myself together