1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Did You Really Want to Say?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Gen

Gen

Lying or remaining silent to avoid revealing secrets, hurting feelings, or escalating situation is something that most people are all to familiar with in day-to-day life. Whether we are attempting to be polite, trying to keep our true identities unknown, or catching ourselves before verbally ripping into someone, there is always something that we really wanted to say but couldn't. The purpose of this thread is to have a place dedicated to venting and letting those words out!

~~~​

You lovely people do not need to know all of the vicious, unholy language that almost slipped out of my mouth on this evening because I have worked too hard to build this cute and composed image, but it wouldn't be difficult to imagine given the situation.

Here I am, at a small wedding of a female relative and, naturally, part of the party consists of the grooms relatives. We are winding down in front of the television and on comes the commercial of Caitlyn Jenner's documentary. A couple ignorant things are said, but they were relatively tame. It is no secret that I have no problem speaking my mind, but confronting people of the other family about ignorant comments would not have been appropriate on a wedding day.

Then the channel was changed to the Special Olympics and I prayed to the universe. I prayed to anything that would listen that someone would change the channel again because I could see the bullshit on the horizon. Unfortunately, prayer was not enough to stop one lovely gentleman from consistently referring to them as r*****ed, speaking in that infamous mocking way, making comments about their hair and clothes, etc. I decided to vacate the room without a word because I knew that if I let one word out then they would all pour out and I would not stop until I had official come for everyone in the room. Those who made jokes. Those who laughed. Innocent bystanders. The family dog. Every living organism in a one mile radius would have to get violently dragged and there would be no survivors.

2. Simple Thoughts

I like this thread concept. I'll have to wait until another day to post though if I've only got one thing that fits this thread to say today and it'd get me in trouble here ^^"

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some jerk boys at the pool today around my age made some homophobic comments. Line talking in a girlie voice and basically being ***holes in general. They were also being really loud and swearing in the shallow end where all the little kids are.
    I know it isn't good to let stuff like this bother you. I know I am above their nonsense, and listening to it and taking it to heart is below me. Maybe it's stupid of me to even be posting this, because I know that unfortunately lots and lots of people share their ignorance.
    I wish I could have went up to them and told them their error, and to respect other regardless of sexuality. Unfortunately, not only would the message likely be wasted on them, but I didn't feel safe doing so. I mean, it was like a group of four, and then there's just me, one girl (I caught them ogling me several times :frowning2:) Makes me glad I'm gay so I don't have to deal with this BS.

4. The Wallflower

I can't believe you made this thread because I was thinking of making it myself!

Anyways, It's 12:00 am here and I don't feel like typing much, so I'll put it simple:

"F*ck you."

5. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was at a church youth camp last year and this guest speaker was ranting for an hour about how terrible the gays are and mocked celebrities that supported equality and me and my friend got so fucking mad it took everything in me not to scream at him, punch him and tell him how much of a bigoted asshole he was and that if jesus were there he's woop his ass for disgracing God by using his name for douchebaggery and hate. I didn't cuz it would've gone poorly.

6. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    today, my geandpa was talking about my aunt, shes not related to me but still.. well she divorced my uncle and is presently dating a black man. he decided to make the rude comment of saying "wow i cant believe she is a n****r lover" i kind of ghasped at the comment but didnt say anything, then both my mom and grandma proceeded to say "yeah, its biblicly wrong to inte breed black and white, and she should break up with him and re marry another white man so she dosent get all greasy from the black dick" in my head i was like
    really? whats so wrong with a white woman loving a black man? we're all human beings, we all bleed the same color! and if your so "biblical" god says love all people regardless of skin color and sexuality.
    i just wanted to correct all of them so bad but, it would make my grandma cry because im not following my "commitment" to god, my mom would be pissed off because i made my gmaw cry and my gpaw would be mad for making my mom mad, then on top of that, my dad would give me a lecture about how im so wrong and hes right and i need to trust that they are the parents and im just the kid who needs to follow there every order no questions asked. so i just left it alone because it would be more of a hassle for me. i still wished i said something because im not racist and they are even though they claim they have plenty of black friends even though they use harsh slang like the n-word.

7. alilnervous

Sometimes I sit in a room and some people think they can see the steam rising off my back. I usually walk away when I see metal heads whom I converse with calling each other the f word and gay, but sometimes I just can't. If I do though, I usually feel pretty disgusted by those people.

Similarly, someone during the Caitlyn Jenner week had posted about her being the butt of the joke in some new rap songs he was writing. I messaged him about it and said it was in his christian belief. No pastor ever said in church belittle other people (at least I'm hoping), that is no reason to treat other people that way.

8. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To my ex:

I hope it rains hard on Monday at the Lady Gaga concert. I bought these tickets for you and I in February for $100. We break up in May(yes I broke it off with you because we saw each other in person only 2 times in 5 weeks while living 5 miles apart), and I stupidly allowed you to keep the tickets in the first place as an act of trust. That was dumb on my end. After we split, I cut a deal with you that you can keep the tickets, but I want $45 because I know you don't have the full money to pay me back. You keep telling me you will get the money, but there's always an excuse-"I have co-pays, I need a new bed, blah blah blah". After two months of me hounding you, you finally borrow the money from your Grandma and proceed to bitch to your family about me. You decide because your family hates me that it is time for you to break off all friendship/communication with me. But rather than tell me, you randomly unfriend me on social media, and I am forced to confront you. Bye Felicia.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    MY DAD: "Since you obviously aren't motivated by your health, I'll pay you $10 for every pound you lose between now and Labor Day."

ME: "Fuck you"

10. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really wanted to tell somebody to be quite and please leave, but of course I just said sorry a few times whenever I did something "wrong"

11. MrSkittles

To my "Friends":

You can all go F**k yourselves. Not once have you guys supported me when I came out. All you guys have to say is its a choice. You guys barley pay attention to me when I want to talk to you. You excluded me from the group and hang out secretly without me. Well, I don't need you guys in my life. F**k you all.

12. Cider

Dear "Friend."

I'm tired of you talking shit and then pretending that you like me. How dense do you think I am? You pretend that you care, you put up this whole fake show of you caring, and you're terrible at it. Leonardo DiCaprio would win an Oscar sooner than your fake ass.

I don't need your bs negativity in my life, so take care, and remember to actually take a shower for once in your life you wannabe Shrek.

13. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

My uncle was making nasty comments yesterday in an attempt to make himself feel better about him and his family. He kept on sneering at me and making comments like "you've got book smarts, but you'll have to stick with me and Chris [my other uncle] to learn any drinks smarts" and "I know why you're so brown: the computer is right next to the window!"
    What a bastard! I'm the most out-doorsy of all my family and am always outside, but because I read books, am clever and get high grades, he wants to drag me down.
    No. Fuck you, you black sheep, you knob. Everything you say shows how much you like to drink and how stupid you are. I'm clever - at least I won't live my parents consistently until I'm 34. Don't try and push every tiny thing my cousin does down my throat, as of we're in some kind of competition. She doesn't care about anything I do and vice versa - we like to enjoy ourselves and not get involved in your imaginary feud with the rest of the family. Just be nice. And don't think you're being subtle when you insult me because everyone understood and thought you were a bastard.

I was a lot more wound up than I thought.

14. Formality

I get really frustrated reading this thread because I wish people would speak up when they feel like it. I almost always speak up when someone throws some snide misogynistic/racist/LGBT-phobic comment. I very, very rarely let it slip nowadays because I personally feel it is harder for me to let them get away with it and feel that frustration building up inside than to be brave and stand up against them and tell them why they are wrong. I am always up for arguing if it's about something important and I. will. own. you.

15. MouseKeeper

<rant>
    Earlier, this summer, I was with my girlfriend at the swimming pool, and a torrential down pour came and me and my girlfriend along with most of the people at the park ended up stranded under a pavilion. There were these homophobic little kids, and the sad thing is is that some of them were african american. They kept uttering the word f*gg*t and f*g. I couldn't go anywhere because it was pouring like a motherf***er. You couldn't see across the street.

My reaction:

Mind you, I do not agree with racism, but I was tempted, just so friggen tempted to utter that word that starts with an 'n' that nobody wants to hear anymore due to its racial significance against those kids, just so they could know exactly how I felt with me stuck with their homophobic attitude. It was hard to resist, because they were uttering an incredibly hurtful word, and they should KNOW what that's like because they have a word of similar disrespect for their race, but me being the better person, and not someone who agrees with racism, I kept my mouth shut, and kept banging my head against a bar to drown out their bigoted attitude. I seriously thought I was going to slip. I was getting that f***ing angry.

My problem is, that if I had uttered that word, everybody would flip their sh**, but when its f*gg*t or f*g, it's all good. Nobody gives a sh**. It's a double standard!!!

I can handle gay jokes. Hell, I even laugh at a lot of them, but when you're being deliberately disrespectful, that's where the problem is. For crying out loud, these damn kids were talking about being gay like it's a f***ing bad thing. I think my girlfriend could see it, because it looked like she was ready to stop me from doing something I'd regret. With her knowing my place in the LGBT community, I can say she knew I was getting upset. I'm lucky to have someone like her.
    </end rant>

#15 MouseKeeper, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  16. continuity3rror

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ON TUMBLR-
    Him: *reblogs image with the words "I wish I was loved..."*
    Me: *reblogs and tags "you're always loved by someone though"*
    What I Really Wanted To Say:
    "Please never think that again. I think you're amazingly stunning, caring, spiritual and whimsical. I hope that you find the happiness you deserve, whether it's with me, or someone else, or by yourself. You deserve the world, just like anybody else. And most of all, I love you. I really, really do. No king should feel lower than his peasants."

17. MouseKeeper

I hear ya. (*hug*) I was in a similar situation, but I couldn't get out of it really. My girlfriend saw that I was getting angry, due to me banging my head on a bar repeatedly and pretty hard, at the same time clenching my fists and taking deep breaths. I noticed that she was ready to stop me from doing something I'd regret.

18. souverian

I never end up saying what I want to say. Some of the thoughts that crossed my mind today that I never actually wrote down:

To a friend online today: I'm having really bad dysphoria right now, and I can barely think. (there were multiple variations on this conversation starter throughout the day, but it would be too much effort for me to go through the ensuing conversation)

Trying to email a former friend to reconnect: You were really the most amazing person I ever had as a friend, and I can't say how much I've wanted to talk to you over the past year and a half since you moved. (too forward, I was worried)

To my grandmother: I don't care, I never wanted to do it, you suggested it, and I'm glad that it's not happening. Your pushing for it to happen only threw me off, and caused me endless stress as a result. No, I'm not going to call you, I'd like to respond on my own time.

I also haven't been talking about my issues with depression and anxiety lately, because it gets repetitive. I don't talk about a stressful/bad/traumatizing experience if it looks like someone's having a really good time. I feel like such a downer, and this carries over to the forums somewhat. I'm only talking about this since it's a dedicated thread, and really it would have all just simmered otherwise.

Oh, yeah. I also wanted to tell someone how I had (dysphoria-related) a really acute case of phantom-boob today. It's really weird.

19. SocceRoo

This thread though. :thumbsup:

sorry if this is a bit long

my best friend and one of his close friends had a falling out and i tried to sort it out. afterwards my best friend ignored me for a few days (and nearly everyone else, but i didn't know that). this really got to me because i thought he was angry at me. finally he started talking to my gf and I asked her to get him to reply to me. she said that she would, but she forgot, so i asked her again about 3 days later and a similar thing happened. The next day (about a week after his fight with his friend) he replied and said he was just upset and didn't want to talk. I sent a text to my girlfriend "he talked to me today lol" and she replied.... "well done, you feel special yet?" as you could imagine i almost lost it, the one reason i didn't, was because i thought she was mucking around, so i said "can you please not say things like that when it's important to me" and she replied "Okay. don't need to get grumpy jeez. I was just having a laugh, fuck!" I ignored her for 2 days because i was to angry to talk and i was hoping she would apologise (on a side note, we live about 15km away and used to meet up 2-3 times a week). When I finally talked to her she went straight back to the point, but instead of apologising, she had another go at me, saying I was over reacting and that she was sick of hearing about it all week. yea, i lost it, but i calmed myself down and sent a really long and semi-polite message talking about why i was angry, that it's to bad because he's my best friend and i wanted to help him, i also stated that she had been acting selfish and manipulative in the last few months using a few difference examples (which was true, even my parents noticed it). In the end she denied everything i said and said that she doesn't owe me an apology because it was a joke.

So I broke up with her.

I really wanted to say a lot of things to her then, but they were a bit over the top and some things wouldn't be true. So i never said it.

this is probably the only thing that still gets on my nerves. To be honest I quite liked her, she just changed so much in the last 2 months of our relationship.

#19 SocceRoo, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  20. Spacewalker

To R: I know I've hurt you and broke your heart but I don't really get it. I talked to you and we both agreed on breaking up but still you say I broke your heart. With telling the truth? You don't know how much it did hurt and how I did put it off until I was ready. You don't know how I felt doing it. It feels as if I'm the bad 'guy' here being ok with it or sth. I didn't want it but it was the right decision and it was just mature to do it. I guess I'm just angry at you for being so selfish and self centered. If I told you hell would break lose... so that's why I can't tell you. I have the power to crush you but I won't use it. Ofc I won't. So I'd like to ask you this one question, how much do you think did it hurt me to make this decision, to know I hurt you a lot, to know I broke your heart and to know your still not over it? Yea alright, I almost forgot. I'm not the victim here. You are...