1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I painted my nails :D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by queermeerkat, Jul 25, 2015.

1. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't have the money to buy my own and my sisters would get suspicious if I asked for theirs so I used a blue marker, not the best but better than nothing. I don't even need to adjust it just feels normal, natural, like I haven't adopted a new trait just let one already existent out into the world, it feels so good, so freeing, once i can buy my own nail paint it sure as hell wont be this shade, reminds me of my ex's, oh vell, right now im a girl and no one can take that away from me, including myself, bc sometimes honestly i want to, itd be easier as a cis guy. but then i close my eyes and imagine myself as a woman with breasts and long hair and it makes me so happy. I don't know if I'm a trans woman, or genderfluid.
    here's a trans banana for y'all, hope everyone's having a good night
    (!)

2. Simple Thoughts

I've used a sharpie before to do that back in highschool.

Also when I was in highschool my girlfriend at the time used to use my fingers to test out the colors of nail polish before she'd buy one. I didn't mind though I actually kinda enjoyed having my fingernails painted even if they wound up like 8 different colors x3

3. Leifa

Painting nails is fun ^.^ I think I'm gonna paint them rainbow and the festival next year. I've done red/green alternating for the holidays and a ton of other stuff when I'm not lazy. (been lazy last like 5 month) >_>

4. Simple Thoughts

I'm a compulsive nailbiter so I can't really paint mine anymore plus I dont' think it'd go over well where I work so I cna't anymore really =/

5. Leifa

That sucks. Unless it completely forbid in like the dress code I don't think there's ground to do anything but I understand where you're coming from. Other stuff could happen that isn't "technically" against the law/rules/ethics/whatever.
    I bit my nails for awhile too. You can still paint short nails it's just alot harder to not get it all over your skin. I need to get unlazy and do them every week again xD

6. Simple Thoughts

I'd feel unsafe physically unsafe with painted nails in my work enviorment, let's put it that way ;_;

I need to take better care of mine because I want them to be in better shape, but I tried and failed miserably to figure out how to use a nailfile. It wound up being just another means of nail bitting because I'd somehow file them down to nothing or just really mess them up in other ways.

7. Leifa

Understandable! I'm sorry you have to feel like that :<

A combination of a nail file and nail scissors works very well for me! I cut them then use the file to smooth them out...but my nails are pretty long. I'd say find something else to do instead of nail biting but I have no real suggestions so :'( (*hug*)

8. Simple Thoughts

I managed to keep my nail bitting in check before. I know I can do it, but without anything to refocus on with my nails I don't think I'd have a reason to.

9. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was younger I would. I would also use a black sharpie to have black nails to copy Selena Gomez.

10. Simple Thoughts

nice

11. ToneDef

ToneDef Guest

I'm completely in the same boat. Every time I paint my nails or dress as a girl in any way, it just feels natural. I'm still a lil messy but it ends up looking alright most of the time :lol: I also colored a small section of my hair "electric blue" when i was in 7th grade with a crayola marker. My friend had a cool pack of special colors so I went to town. I don't know if it means I'm trans or what but I know I love it. (!)(!)(!)

12. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Omg gurl! I love painting my nails. Just a little bit ago I painted them a coraly pink and then painted half of the nail diagonally with a wine purple, I will post a pic in one of my albums so u guys can see

13. Simple Thoughts

cool ^-^

14. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love nail polish so much, it's so nice to be able to use it. I have had pink sparkle polish on my nails for over a week, and it's been really helpful to deal with my dysphoria.

I got a manicure kit that I used to good effect. Gloss finish is the best thing ever. There are still a lot of colors I want to try, mostly pink, and dark reds or blues.

I suffer from intense artist block, so being able to paint my nails helps me to express my creativity. I think the most important thing for me is being able to feel like myself, without having to over step my boundaries when I'm in public.

15. Simple Thoughts

That sounds awesome x3

^-^

16. Formality

I've thought about painting my nails for quite some time now. I just can't get around to doing it. I'm a lil bit scared of how my brothers will react. I mean I can stand up for myself and I'm not afraid of anything that they'll do or say, I just know what my brothers think about feminine guys and how they might not want to be seen with me in public because they are scared of what others will think of them. I just really wanna shove it in their face though cus it makes me so mad to know that they think this way. Like, it is not ok to look down on people for something so trivial.

I think I'll actually do it tomorrow. I'm growing quite tired of my family and I really just wanna show them that I don't care. Not to mention nail polish is fabulous! I think I'll go for a white shade, I think that'd look quite dapper :icon_bigg

17. Simple Thoughts

Do it up :3

18. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would if I were you, I grew up in a home where men are supposed to be manly and not very feminine so when I came along they were like omg no. And then tried to make me all mannish but I didn't have it lol, I'm just the way I am. An awesome princess named Anastaisa Lynn :slight_smile: but I'm proud that u r shoving that in their face, sometimes it's good to show people that a man being effeminate is okay, gay or not

19. Leifa

[​IMG]

Take your pick of colours peoples :slight_smile:

20. Simple Thoughts

I think a color I'd wanna try out is the lighter shades of purple. I imagine it'd look kinda cute x3