1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any gay men on here who have a husband?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AJ56, Jul 25, 2015.

1. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How did you know that he was the one for you? What made him different from all the other guys you dated before?

2. Simple Thoughts

I feel like if you changed the title of this thread to "Any gay men on here who wished they had a husband?" it'd lit up like wild fire x3

lol j/k

Serious note.

I am in relationship with someone who I'd be willing to at some point in the future maybe consider that option with, but I think we're both too young for that right now X3

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wish. Jk I hope I do though in the future.

4. Greenapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe one day, though I have set my expectations up to be realistic because if I dream then I get despondent when it doesn't work out for me.

5. Simple Thoughts

It doesn't hurt to be realistic, but having a little hope goes a long way. If you can hold onto hope than you'll find you're a little more willing to give things a shot ^-^

6. Greenapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True :slight_smile:

I recently ended a 5 year relationship so I'm in a negative space at the moment. I'm sure I will hope again :thumbsup:

We never know what's around the corner :icon_bigg

7. Simple Thoughts

*hugs*

don't worry you'll be fine.

I hear relationships can be tough when they end, and it may take some time but you'll be okay =3

8. Greenapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think so too. Thank you friendly fox :slight_smile:

9. Simple Thoughts

anytime =3 *wags tail*

10. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello.
    I dont believe in marriage but if I did I would be married to my partner. I met him online on a dating website and, even though we lived on the other side of England from eachother we met up in around a week.
    He was/is a really special guy. He makes me laugh all the time, he's smart and geeky and sensitive. When I met him for 5 days in London I expected that I would need some alone time at some point and told him that this might happen (he was fine with it) but the whole time I was with him I didnt want to go off on my own even for a little bit. I came away from London, certain that I wanted to live with him and be with him for the rest of my life. We met up a few more times and in around 2 months we were living together.

11. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So sorry to hear about this
    (*hug*)
    There's a hug for you :slight_smile:

12. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is my worst nightmare.

Hope you're OK.

13. Simple Thoughts

That's awesome :3

14. Images and Words

It's a no from me. I've never even been in a relationship! YAY! :lol:

15. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I won't be officially married until this October but we've been together for 17 years and own a home together. Most people think of us as married.

As far as what was different, well it was just different from the start. I'm not usually prone to hippy dippy cosmic stuff but it really felt like the universe just brought us together and something just clicked and it was like that from the very first moment.

I met my partner in a bar. I was actually out with an ex. We stopped there for a drink before we were going to go out dancing. I never made it to the dancing. A friend of mine spotted my now partner and made a rather lascivious but appreciative comment about his butt. My partner was classically trained in ballet and, well, it is rather amazing. So we were kind of all there staring at his behind. When he turned around there was, well the only way I can think to describe it was as a shock of recognition. I'd never met or seen him before and yet what really went through my mind was "oh, it's you." We approached each other and fell into conversation, the friends I was there with all but forgotten. We talked for a few hours and then went back to his place. We like to joke that our relationship is a one night stand gone terribly awry. The next morning we talked about when we could see each other again. He had a party he had to go to that weekend. It was an Easter brunch thing and was a big annual sort of formal thing, not really the sort of thing he could just bring some random guy to at the last minute. I thought it was so funny that he felt bad that he couldn't bring me, considering that we had literally just met the previous evening. I told him, and I still can't believe I said this, "that's alright--you'll take me next year." His response: "I will, won't I... what's going on here?"

And the rest is history I suppose. It was very strange. Both of us had been around the block more times than we care to admit. Neither of us was really in the market for a boyfriend--we were both at stages of our lives where we were frankly enjoying being single. And yet for both of us it seemed not only immediately desirable that we be together long term but almost sort of inevitable. I don't think I would have believed it was possible for it to work that way before it happened. I certainly never experienced anything like it with any of the other men I dated.

On a side note, I called that ex to apologize for ditching him the previous night. His response was one of the reasons we've been friends for over twenty years now: "Are you kidding? I was there. I saw him. No apology needed, trust me.":lol:

16. awdru15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I should answer this in October when I do get married but its the same answer anyway .

How did you know that he was the one for you?
    Being together for nearly 19 years you get to know them inside out know what they are thinking he`s the only guy I want to spend the rest of my life with bit shaky the first couple of years but I have always loved him always will .

what made him different from the others
    Being honest hear I cared about what he thought about me the other people I messed around with I didn't care about what they thought I will admit back then I was carefree if they called me a dick head ad say so what if I am . When Chris said stuff it touched a nerve brought out my sensitive side which didn't happen much.

so looking forward to making this commitment in October its nothing big and fancy but be a day to remember for us non the less .

17. The Wallflower

I want a husband one day... hopefully I'll find someone willing to put up with me. :lol:

18. Justinian20

I want husband. Give me my man. I'll give you candy, you can have everything I have in my lair

19. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll be your man :wink:

Just kidding :lol:

20. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Married my husband in April, but we've been together for 11 years and that's really how I knew he was the one. All of my other relationships were short term and lacked the special bond I have with my husband. After 11 years he knows me well, like nobody else has ever known me. He has seen my highs and lows and we've been through a lot together.

In many respects we are very different, but at the same time we are very much alike. Hard to explain, but I had a feeling from early in the relationship that he was the "one" for me and I'm so glad we met. He means the world to me.