1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your definition of love

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sugar, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys,

I hear so many different definitions from everyone and I just wanted to know what does love mean to you. I`m talking about romantic love.

For me love is knowing someone for who they really are and liking them for who they are and not for how they make you feel.

I think the most important thing in relationships is equality and understanding. Without that, all the love in the world won`t matter.

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Hmm.. for me, say if your feeling down, just being with them will cheer you up. Liking them for who they are, not what they look like or whatever. Understanding them

3. biisme

Love is truly knowing who someone is and accepting them the way that they are. Love is trying to make their lives better. It is listening to them, supporting them, and being there. Love is realizing their limitations and not being upset when they can't live up to all of your dreams. Love is wanting to be with them, through the good and the bad.

4. Derek the Wolf

I think of a person as 4 different levels of being: body, mind, heart, and soul. Love is a strong connection between 2 creatures on any of these levels. Lust is bodily love, and things progress up to soul-mate, the highest level of connection. Depending on your relationship with someone, your kind of love could be very meaningful and everlasting, or fleeting and unimportant. Love is not easily categorized, so it's a flexible definition.

5. summersforecast

love is devoting yourself completely and not giving up on them no matter what. Love is being there for him whenever he feels down. Love is having someone who you can trust and who can trust you.
    Thats what love is to me:love:

6. Sugar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That`s a really interesting perspective

7. george678

Love for me is simply in a one liner If I am there for him I want him to be there for me.

8. -Michael-

When an awkward silence is romantic.

9. Derek the Wolf

That's directly from my views on spirituality. I don't share often. :thumbsup:

10. Brandford

There are two kinds of love in my definition, Present love (like puppy love) it fades over time and Unconditional love (this love often comes with family) where you will love that person no matter what happens, most love is present love and then on rare occasions you find unconditional love where you would love that person forever, and sometimes you get bad luck and you fall in unconditional love with someone who only has present love for you and then your pretty much stuck but if you get really lucky you will find someone who you have unconditional love for and they feel it for you, that relationship will last forever. Thats pretty much my definition of love

11. Dazed

Dazed Guest

even though its from the bible this is how i think about love.

Love is patient, love is kind.
    It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,
    it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
    Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
    It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
    And now faith, hope, and love abide, but the greatest of these is love.

12. partietraumatic

well its a little simplistic compared to some of the previous posts, but i heard someone say once 'Love is when waking up with that person is better than going to bed with them'

Its simplistic but i think has some truth in it :slight_smile:

13. Beth

i'm thinking about it a lot lately
    because i loved my first gf,but because things got so bad & the way we are now its hard to remember how it was
    so with my new gf i'm confused.firstly because i always had it in my head that you fall in love once. but now i have these intense feelings for her, & the obvious thing to call it is love but i dont want to call it that
    so i'm trying to think how i classify love
    hmm

14. TheRoof

There should be some kind of passion and intense feelings between each other,
    but at the same time, there should be some kind of that i-can-turn-to-you-when-i'm-feeling-down sort of feeling as well. Like you can depend on each other no matter what.
    Love shouldn't be serious all the time, and there needs to be some spice and fun in there, but also, there should be moments when there's something deep and serious in love.
    i don't know how to say it exactly, but that's i feel about romantic love.

15. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me love is RickRoll. ;P

16. apollo89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To me, love is unconditional and a strong feeling and affection for another person, to the point where you would do almost anything for them.

17. Level N Human

It's how I feel about cheese.

18. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I've never been in love, so I don't know.

19. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I've heard that only someone born both blind and deaf can know truly know what love is.

I think it's something very special that should not be taken for granted or misidentified. . .

20. musican

To me, love is knowing the good and bad about a person and liking them just the same; love is liking someone for who they really are, and not trying to change them; love is not just accepting or tolerating someone's flaws, it's loving them because they are a part of who the person is; love is when you are with someone and you can fight with them, but you know that they love you and that you will sort out your differences; love is being able to talk to each other without speaking a word, and being comfortable with not speaking and just being with the person you love.

All that from a guy who has never had a romantic relationship of any kind.