1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i remove nail polish

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by queermeerkat, Jul 27, 2015.

1. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    OK so i got nail polish and as far as my fam knows im just some cis boy, i have my fingernails decked out in black as night paint and all the ways I heard of removing it were crap and uh yeah im headed to uni with my mom in like five hours so any help anyone could give very quickly is muchos appreciated:help:

2. candyjiru

Go get some nail polish remover~ Any CVS or grocery store should have it~ a lot of guys wear nail polish ironically or as part of an emo look, so I doubt anyone will question you buying some ^.^ It's easier to use with cotton balls (which should be in the same nail care section) and they should be pretty cheap~ Good luck! ^.^

(If you live with your parents, if your mom wears nail polish she'll definitely have a bottle of remover as well ^.^)

Here's a video with some other ways to remove it with things around your house~ but be careful because black is notorious for being hard to remove T.T

[YOUTUBE]Cydgx8E4F38[/YOUTUBE]

#2 candyjiru, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  3. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't know where my mom keeps her nail polish remover, out of money after getting nail polish. And thought I knew other ways to remove nail polish...

4. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I know of the only way to remove nail polish efficiently is to use nail polish remover. Maybe you could quickly by some from the store? I think you'd be able to get it at most makeup, malls, and the like. I'm pretty sure pharmacies sell them too.
    Once you have the nail polish remover you should get some tissue/toilet paper, roll it into a ball, and dip it into the nail polish remover. Be really careful not to breathe in the fumes because they are extremely poisonous.

If you can't get to a store or find nail polish remover anywhere, then you could try using soap and water to scratch it off a little but I don't think it will work very well.

Seeing as you presumably don't want to come out to your parents right now, at least its black nail polish! If you can't get it off then maybe you can just pretend its a new fashion trend or that you're gothic or something?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. candyjiru

Just posted a video above with some ways to remove it~ maybe one of those will work? I've done the one-polish-over-the-other-polish trick before, but black tends to stain your skin and is a big mess... I would recommend looking under a bathroom sink for nail polish remover~

---------- Post added 27th Jul 2015 at 06:46 PM ----------

I was going to say the same thing, haha~ I have straight guy friends who wear nail polish and just say it's their aesthetic, so~ ^.^

6. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    (!)(*hug*)agh i didn't see the video before. Thank You! it came off, took forever, but it's off

7. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Step One: Obtain needle nose plyers and rock-solid determination

Step Two: Pry off all painted fingernails

8. Rochelle86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I had to remove all of my hard work last night (all of two layers >.>). I use extra strength all purpus polish remover. It might not work on some polish, but if u have a nail clipper with a file you can sort of chip the polish off, but it might look bad after.

9. Truth teller

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nail varnish remover, if you don't have that then use acetone.

10. Christopher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Exactly. If you can get it at the hardware store, a quart can of acetone will be much cheaper and will last a very long time. Just keep the can tightly capped!

I used to paint mine too and I'd just let it stay on until it wore off. Two things will happen: The nail grows, creating a gap below where the paint started, and at the very tip of the nail, it chips off. After a week or more, I was left with a black spot at about the middle of each nail. I liked the look and eventually started painting them that way at the very beginning. The severe, chipped and lazy look is hot!

11. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Filling it off sounds like it would work.

12. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can get some nail varnish remover