1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone like craft shows?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sashafr, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a booth in a lot of craft shows. Is kinda like a family buisnes and I've noticed that while the audience for these things is pretty select there is still a very sizable LGBT community presence. Im just wondering if its just where I live or if everywhere is that way or if its just a Southern thing or what. Comment your opinions below.

#1 Sashafr, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. AlamoCity

The only craft show I go to every year is when the rodeo comes by and vendors show off a lot of handmade goods and wares. Deer antler lamp! YES!!!! :lol:

I also like gun shows, not so much for the guns, but for the other stuff (coins and antiques and outdoor stuff).

But, I haven't seen an LGBT presence in either of those venues, maybe because they aren't "true" craft shows.

3. Cedar

I typically go to anime cons just for the fanart posters, I'm not sure if that counts? I haven't gone to an actual crafting event in years. I always thought I wasn't very talented in that area. I don't really notice much of an LGBT presence but I don't think I'm very observant of people in those regards.

4. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I LOVE anime cons but since a lot of the people are cosplaying its hard to tell simply by looks. I also go to gunshows for the same reason Alamocity but I don't think there is one there.......too worried they won't be accepted? Either way I just seem to notice it more at like craft shows and farmers markets?