1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

doesnt it just piss u off

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hoping, Jun 3, 2007.

1. hoping

i was just on you tube watching a clip from west wing and i was about the gay rights issue with a jounalist and some homophobic ultra conservitives used the video to say that being gay is like killing someone and raping children. i cant tell u how fuming i was when i read this. they use the name of god to spread hatred and iam sick of it.

2. Micah

But according to their religion, so is divorce, premarital sex, saying "oh my god" and having sex during a woman's period.

I can accept that they believe homosexuality is wrong - fine, that's their belief. What I hate is when they utterly ignore other actions that their religion condones as "sins" to specifically target homosexuality. Its essentially taking their own religion out of context to prove a point.

Dont even get me started about what I think of the point they're trying to make..

3. greg

Hey dont worry bout the church they are the minority anyway, church numbers have been declining for years, they just got loud voices thats all, but nothing really sensible to say, ignore them like most other sane people do. greg

4. Daniel6

They are suffering from hatred. I feel pity for them.

5. Kimi

So do I...................................:icon_mrgr

6. Swimmerboy

7. Kimi

8. justjoshoh

You don't happen to have the link to the clip do you? I'd be interested to see it and figure out how it is being used. One of my favorite scenes of the entire series is when President Bartlet rips into Dr. Jacobs about literal interpretations on the Bible. I'm assuming the clip just goes as far as the discussion on Leviticus 18:22, but fails to mention all of the other things Bartlet also talks about.

9. Jersey4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Christian church is such an old instituation, most of the things they preach are completely out of context in today's world. My friend's mom was physically abused by her first husband, so she divorced him and got remarried. The Catholic church, the church she belongs to, still refuses to give her communion because she got a divorce. Does it honestly surprise any of us that they hate Gay people? Of course they do. Apply anything in today's modern world to that of the world two thousand years ago; if it wasn't acceptable back then it's probably not going to be acceptable to the Church today.

10. xxAngelOnFirexx

I don't care what their beliefs or their religion is. I quit my religion (roman catholic) because they are againsts gays. I think that anyone can change therir beleifs to become more knowlegdeable! if they don't believe gay marriage and gays are right i'll give lectures to whomever doesn't believe me!!!!! Psh.. religion. you don't have to beleive something jsut because your religion does.

btw i didn't agree with a TON of other roman catholic beliefs. I prefer wiccan beleifs, although i practice really no religion besides the occasional blessing or prayer. just because i was baptized, communionized, reconciled and confirmed doesn't make me catholic if i don't want to be. my mom says i'll always be catholic but who says we have to beleive everything people say?

11. ampthejazz

Well said.