1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What events have you seen religious bigots protest?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eye Shine, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Eye Shine

We all know the bigots love to protest Pride events but they are pretty douchey enough to protest all kinds of things. So my question to you is what events have you seen that the bigots protest besides Pride events?

Earlier this month I went to an annual convention in Los Angeles called Anime Expo and to my surprise there were protesters there.

I was like seriously you have to go to Pride events and make people feel uncomfortable and tell us the we are making "sins" and try to give us some salvation through their bible, but they freaking cherry pick their beliefs and don't even follow through on it. This crap is bad enough, but now they are going to conventions where people go to have fun for a hobby they enjoy like watching Japanese animation and reading Japanese comic books. LIKE SERIOUSLY DO THESE PEOPLE HAVE LIVES!!! XD Rant over :bang: , but seriously what other events do you know of that the bigots are trying to ruin?

In other news I like how God Madoka isn't giving a fuck :slight_smile:
    [​IMG]

2. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thankfully living in the UK, this is less prevalent than I hear about in the states. Certainly in the Liverpool area, there are a few Christian parades, Easter for instance, but I have not seen the kind of thing you are talking about. I'm not saying it doesn't happen on a small scale, I just haven't really seen it.

3. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    lol have you seen the wbc those a holes protest EVRYTHING

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard of WBC protesting stuff like army funerals, which is horrible, but I've never actually seen anything protesty like that irl.

5. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'be heard about that, even saw a documentary, wasn't sure how much truck to give it though.

6. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Likewise, I haven't seen anything being protested in the UK. I have heard that the bigger Prides sometimes attract this sort of thing, but I'm glad I haven't experienced it. I'm pretty sure it'd make me feel uncomfortable.

7. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    UGH <facepalm> I bet Jesus did a facepalm too while watching and enjoying Saint Young Men in heaven

8. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tbh I'm not one to go on marches for things like this. I appreciate the work people do in this respect for various issues. I prefer to work through different mediums however. Not that I wouldn't stand up and be counted when it truly counts but even though I have now come out, I have for many years now worked to evangelize the cause of fighting prejudice in all forms. Through trying to change the way people see these things, and wake them up to the stupidity of bigotry.