1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you believe in any mythical creatures?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Wallflower, Jul 28, 2015.

1. The Wallflower

I wanted to start this thread quite a few times, but I held back because I wasnlt sure how many replies I would get... this is kind of childish after all. :lol:

BUT I DID IT ANYWAYS! YAY!

Do you believe, or at least want to believe in anything supernatural or mythical?

Do you think aliens are out there, roaming the galaxy, looking for intelligence just like we are?

What about mermaids? Is it possible they are hiding from us, deep inside the ocean?

What about the Megalodon, or the Kraken?

What about Bigfoot? So many questions...

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The elusive boy/girlfriend.

I hear about them, but I've yet to have one.

3. The Wallflower

Indeed. I've been doing my research on these creatures, and it's all sounding like a buncha baloney. Though my mother says they're real, I am having my doubts. I mean... will we ever find one of these strange beings ourselves?

The world may never know...

4. lettuce

Uh... I think a lot of things could exist, but I don't have enough faith to really believe that they do.
    I believe in a thing called love
    Just listen to the rhythm of my heart
    There's a chance we could make it now
    We'll be rocking 'til the sun goes down
    I believe in a thing called love
    Ooh! Guitar!

5. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I very much want to believe in mermaids, but I feel that their existence is highly unlikely. I do believe in ghosts/spirits/demons, but I'm also afraid of them so I try not to think about it. And I also somewhat believe in aliens.

6. The Wallflower

*stares at you aggresively*

7. Simple Thoughts

Aliens most likely do exist.

As big as the universe is and how many planets there are it seems a bit presumptuous to assume we're the only intelligent life around. I'd say it's far more likely there are several planets/galaxies out there which contain lives.

I do not, however, believe in little green men on spaceships abducting cows and anally probing random people in hick towns.

8. lettuce

I bet you're secretly a unicorn.

9. Simple Thoughts

definitely a unicorn

10. AlamoCity

Well... Carcharodon megalodon did exist and was a cousin of the Great White, Carcharodon carcharias. But, I doubt that Megalodon exists today besides its teeth.

As for aliens and intelligent life, I don't doubt that intelligent life (outside of planet earth) has existed, presently exists and/or will in the future exist at some point in the universe. But, the odds are cosmically large and against humans and aliens interacting. At the very least it would require that two distinct intelligent civilizations (both of which are inherently rare, we think :lol:slight_smile: occupy the same time and space (i.e. cosmic neighborhood with the ability to communicate and/or investigate) to coincide. We live in an almost unfathomably large universe and have occupied as "intelligent humans" but a few thousand years, and as spacefaring beginners but a few decades in a universe that's over 13 billion years old. Assuming we've been good at record keeping for 5,000 years, this is the percent of the time of the universe's age we've been "alive" as a collective conscience: 0.000038%. Who knows what happened in the preceding 99.9999% of the time in terms of intelligent species.

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I know for a fact that aliens exist because for an object to be considered an 'alien' it simply has to be unknown/foreign. Therefore there are many things that could be considered 'aliens'.

Aside from that...I like to believe that fairies are real. :grin:

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stephen Harper's hair

13. Simple Thoughts

Beyond aliens I don't believe in much of anything really.

Sorry but there aren't unicorns, fairies, ghosts, hydras, or anything else like that =/

14. Justinian20

I would say, the world is so scary if everything in mythology and supernatural stories were real. Cause everything would want to kill you.

I do believe aliens are real because if we are the only intelligent life in the world, then what's the point of the vast wastes of our universe.

15. Simple Thoughts

What if there isn't a point to it at all?

*thinks*

Well at least not a natural point to any of it. Humans can give meaning to anything we want because we posses the intellect to do that, but what if there is not any point to anything by default?

16. The Wallflower

Fairies ARE real. They're real, I tell you! They're out there, controlling nature and our fate!

---------- Post added 29th Jul 2015 at 12:34 AM ----------

...My brain hurts

#16 The Wallflower, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  17. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do believe in life forms outside our planet, but I dont believe that there are any organisms that are more advance than us. I mean come on?! Can any of those "intelligent aliens" can create a substance called chocolates :grin:? I see them as animals of the different planet. Sorry to the reptilians disguising as humans who are in EC :grin:

I also believe in mermaids and bigfoots but I dont believe that they look like what they portrayed as in the pop culture. I mean we have explored the moon more than the Earth's bodies of water and the forest is a perfect hiding place for any animals. I know, I'm too old for this shit!

I believe that some of those mythical creatures are just undiscovered animals or animals with strange defects or something.

I also would want to believe, even if there are no proof or any studies about it, that Satoshi Tajiri is an alien that was sent to Earth to create something that would educate us, humans, about the existence of their world... The Pokemon World! :lol:

18. The Wallflower

*sweats*

Uh, Uh, Uh....

LOOK OVER THERE IT'S A UFO!

*jumps out the window*

19. Posthuman666

Well my religion places emphasis on the landvættir. They are "land wights" and are basically spirits that roam around your house and nature. I give offerings to them, so were on good terms.

Granted my religion also believes a giant tree holds up nine separate dimensions. Yay for Asatru!

20. Simple Thoughts

Think about a rock.

Naturally it's just a rock...it doesn't do anything really. Just kinda sits there waiting for other forces/elements to errode it away.

Now add a human to the mix.

A human sees this rock and he's not too fond of another nearby human. This human takes the rock and uses it as weapon to attack the other human. The rock goes from being a pointless object just laying around accomplishing nothing to becoming a weapon with the purpose of killing.

This was a bit of a morbid example, but it gets the point across.

Humans give things meaning/uses/and purpose.

The world is what we make it out to be