1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got some makeup :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by partietraumatic, Dec 22, 2008.

1. partietraumatic

well i met my bezzie today and we exchanged xmas pressies,and guess what she got me....makeup!! I now own black mascara and eyeliner hehe. I tried putting them on tonight,but didnt do a great job,so need a bit of practice methinks hehe. I wanna get good at putting it on then phaps go out wearing it...

Anyway what are people opinions on guys in makeup?

2. littledinosaurs

there's nothing wrong with it, but i mean its better when people are chill with their natural beauty and don't need it.
    But have fun with it :slight_smile:

3. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I'm as cool with it as I am for girls. Ie, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's cool, like littledinosaurs said, to accept your natural beauty and not slather so much of the stuff on that your actual skin dies under there / never sees the light of day again. But you're probably not in too much danger of that. Have fun with it! :slight_smile:

4. McBenz

i agree with littledinosaurs...only wear it cuz its fun or you want to...not cuz you think you have to. but i think guys in makeup is pretty cool...it shows a lot of confidence.

but don't be surprised if you get some odd looks haha

5. Trumpetplyer23

A little guyliner ain't bad. For some guys they look damn smexy with it.

Other guys it's like, "eww, did you like get punched in the eye?!"

Just depends on the guy.

6. Eh... not for me. A little (emphasis on little) eye makeup probably wouldn't be too weird to me, but ixnay on the foundation, lip gloss, etc. That being said, I wouldn't really have to worry about it myself because my eyelashes are naturally thick and dark.

7. Micah

I have really light eye lashes normally so if I wear it I look like I got hit in the eye ha. But it can definitely look amazing on some. :wink:

8. OneHatMadder

I only tend to wear it when I'm in drag.

But I think it's hot on guys :grin:

9. george678

I dont like it wear it for fun obviously! But I wont ever wear it.

10. Mickey

Whatever makes you feel good! ( and pretty!)

11. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Guys with makeup = ewww!

Going by your display pic, you don't need make up anyway!

12. Greggers

It really depends on you / who your wearing it for.

Personally, i dont wear any makeup that looks like...well makeup, if that makes sense haha (something to make my skin look un-crap for example) So i wouldent wear eye liner or anything. Thats only cause i dont feel i need to change the way i look. For alot of guys, they can really pull off the look and they do look good/better with it.

But really, you wear makeup for the same reason you use cologne(omg one of my gf's got me some D&G smelly crap! its so ritzy and expensive haha). You wear it for other people your trying to impress. So wear whatever you want/need to wear for that guy you have an eye on :wink: If the person your wearing it for does not like makeup it does not really matter if it makes you look better cause they just wont be into it.

I dunno if that helps? Thats just my take on the makeup thing.

13. partietraumatic

Well it seems most of you say go for it, so i shall :slight_smile:. Im not gonna go over the top, just gonna stick with eyeliner and mascara, i wanna at least try it. It might turn out i don't like it,but i wont know if i don't try it!

"It really depends on you / who your wearing it for."

Well i wouldn't be wearing it for anyone, ill wear it for myself. I have fairly low self confidence, and perhaps makeup will help me be more confident and my looks,even if its not a lot just wearing some might make a subconscious difference... well thats the idea anyway!

I need more practice at putting it on anyway lol...

14. MbbM

MbbM Guest

I like it. A lot.
    I?m with Eddie Izzard on this one, the third millenium will bring us more guys in make-up. Amen! :wink:

15. partietraumatic

Wooooo lol,tho im prettttyyy sure i wont do the whole cross dressing thing like Eddie Izzard lol. But its defs getting more acceptable and common isn't it,when you look at the growing number of male celebs who wear a bit of makeup :slight_smile: