1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storytime! On the subject of my awful school...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by larkcarmen, Jul 29, 2015.

1. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My title is a bit misleading. My school isn't bad, it's the people. Anyway, gather round kids!

#1- This one is short but skip over it if rape is extremely triggering to you.
    So I was on the bus (in the back) talking with my guy friend and he got off at his stop. Troublemaker leans over to me. "How old are you?" I reply, with an uninterested stare, "12." He turns to his buddies and asks, "Would you guys ever rape a 12-year-old?" And I'm over here like DAFUQ MAN?!

#2- My friend who I wasn't out to at the time (he looked like an ass at the time)
    For Earth Day, we had planted a tree. I loved Oakley Gaia Edwards Robertson and was discussing them with my friends when we get to the topic of the tree's gender. Me and my teacher say nonbinary but friend 1 interpreted that to mean transgender. "The tree's transgender," he says loudly, "just like (name)!" Me having gender issues, unknown to him, causes me to be angry and shocked and a few classmates had a negative response to his accusation because he meant it as an insult. Great friends I have, right?

Let me know if you want more storytimes :grin:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You can tell me more if you want.

3. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay!
    3- Creepiness
    Me and my friends always hang out in 1 of 2 spots. The problem is that this kid that no one really likes watches us. And tries to talk to us despite our insistence that he leave us alone. It keeps happening. We arrive in our spot and who is waiting for us? Creepy Kid.

I'll think of some more.

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's terrible you have to deal with people like that on a daily basis. (*hug*)
    This one time at my school, some idiots in art class were talking about how pansexual meant liking all living things, as in plants and animals also. Me and my straight ally friend started cracking up. Other than that, people use gay as an insult all the time, which is really annoying.

5. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, my school is full of assholes and weirdos. I thought of another story btw.
    4- Cafeteria
    Free day in band, we were in the cafeteria. For whatever reason, I had some nail polish. My guy friends crowded around and started using my nail polish to decorate their paper airplanes.

6. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This other time was a few days after I'd done a PowerPoint speech on the LGBT rights movement in front of my class. These boys, C and M, came and sat at my friends and I's table during lunch. Things were super awkward, and when M asked about my sexuality, C (who lives in my neighborhood), quite obviously whispered I was bisexual the other's ear, since I was out as bi not long ago. M gave me this super creepy look.

Also, recently in tech ed, I was forced to do a project with C and one time he "jokingly" called me a faggot. I told him it was to equivalent of calling a black person the N word, and he shut up real quick.

I've been asked several times if me and my best friend are dating, also

7. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That sounds horrible! I'm so sorry about that! i hate when people do that (*hug*) I'd beat them up for you :grin: I've never been called a name, but I know that I've secretly been labelled as a Lesbian. Someone called me a Dyke before, and I couldn't do anything about it. I felt really bad, because I'm one of those really nice people who don't tattle. He was in my theatre group, and he laughed when he said it. I was so close to lashing out at him. Other than that, most people use Gay as an insult, and they don't even know what it's like. It has become an every day insult, and I just really hate it how they treat the word. If they knew how it made other's feel, maybe they would just shut it. ​

8. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh, the gay thing is the worst. My mom has used it before, and then she looked at me and said, "don't feel offended Em! Gay has always been used like that, it's not an insult to you!"
    And it's like, are you serious?! My sexuality being liked to something stupid isn't offensive to me? These people don't understand how this makes people feel. My dad flat out doesn't care when he says it, either. I wish I had the guts to talk to my parents about stuff like this without stuttering... I'm much worse at holding a conversation irl than online.

9. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's horrible! How could your Mom not see that it is an insult to you? How does that even make sense to her? I don't-what?!? I'm sorry you have to go through that kind of thing, I really am. People need to be careful with their words, it really can hurt people. I guess it's just hard for people to even comprehend with something like that. Though, I understand what she's thinking. She probably thinks that since you're out it doesn't matter. ​

10. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Onee-chan, that's awful! I wish I could visit your school and beat the crap out of them.

11. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Isn't stuff like that normal to happen in (American) schools?

12. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My British school isn't much better...

13. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Australians schools as well are not that better....

14. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    School is a tough place, it's going back a long time now. But I was bullied and or ostracized for being gay, simply because my best best friend was thought to be gay. In fact he was but that was none of their fucking business and he wasn't out, in fact he was still dating girls. He was just very obviously gay, never bothered me despite the fact that at the time I hadn't even begun to question my own sexuality... However it was this same guy who has played a pivotal role in bringing me to come out now 25 + years later.

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 02:46 AM ----------

To be fair for most of that we had lost contact. . I went off the rails starting in 6th form, well actually the end of my 5th year. Got into all kinds of things I shouldn't running away from being me. But then we found each other on Facebook, turns out he lives less than 10 mins walk saY from me... How stupid is that.

#14 NervousAsHeck, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  15. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    At my school it is death threats, getting ice from the sidewalk and throwing it at people (me), told you will be raped, throwing 700 page books at people (me), being called a killer, being implied one is gay (by teachers), getting things stolen (my glasses), being told you will go to hell, and people calling two girls lesbians because they are almost always hugging, kissing, holding hands, and never do anything other than cry when told.

When it is done to me, it is funny, it is always by people smaller and weaker than me.

#15 PerfectlyNormal, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  16. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah... me and my friends all hold hands and hug. This one awful kid calls me a lesbian constantly. IF I WAS ATTRACTED TO MY FRIENDS, DON'T YOU THINK I WOULD HAVE KISSED THEM OR SOMETHING?! Geez... I was looking forward to school but not so much now, especially since I'm working on coming out.

17. candyjiru

My school was pretty terrible as well... one of my favorite days was when our teacher decided that instead of teaching us Spanish that day, she was going to write everyone's names on the board and place them where she thought they would go when they died, heaven, hell, or purgatory... AND WHY! Then she told us to write an essay about what we thought about this and when I called her out on how hurtful her words were, she called me in after school to yell at me and also called me at my house and yelled at me over the phone... sigh :dry:

But, fun fact~ the people who are bullies or whatever in middle and high school are the ones that usually don't do so well when they get older. You do not want to peak in high school XD;;; Also, the ones who proclaim their hate for "the gays" the loudest usually turn out gay... saw one guy shouting weekly about their "disgusting lifestyle" and then found out a few years later in college he was ran for and was voted "Campus Queen" XD;;;;;

tl;dr~ it gets better (*hug*)

18. UnendingVoid

@SergeantKilljoy
    I've also got this creepy kid who stalks me around college and the college won't do anything about it despite the fact that I've told them what it's doing to me

19. Cedar

This one time I was leaving school, there were these guys, their friends and me on the school bus. The guys started to talk about me in a sexual matter, after a few stops, one of the guys started sitting behind me(I was sitting at the very front of the bus). After a few more moments of trying to blare them out with my headphones, I felt like the seat was constantly being pushed back and forth. One of the guys started humping the back of my seat, I felt so ashamed, I didn't know what to do I just sat there in shock trying to act like it wasn't happening. Their friends started to make really loud moaning noises and that just made me feel worse. I did a nervous tick of mine at the time by trying to brush imaginary knots out of my hair with my fingers and the other guy says, "she's playing with her pony-tail, must mean she wants it". Which is when I turned around and shouted at them to leave me alone. It didn't take me long to report the incident the next day, crying in the backroom of my class almost hysterically because of all the shame I felt admitting such an incident occurred to me(my teacher was so mad he became purple in the face and this was the only teacher at my school I felt like I could talk to about anything).

The school almost didn't believe it had happened to me because "the camera on the bus wasn't working that day", the bus driver said she only noticed that something was going on was when I shouted at those guys and also the other kids(the friends) that were on the bus that day deny anything like that happening. Regardless, they went through with some "disciplinary" actions, it honestly wasn't enough though. That one guy that was attacking the back of my seat? Had a long history of getting into trouble, reporting that incident was what broke the camel's back in his case. All they did to him was require that he attend some sort of detention, of course he argued that he didn't do anything wrong and refused to attend these "detentions" so they knocked him back a grade. He was constantly bitching about it and blamed me for it saying, "oh noes, I'll have to stay in school until I'm 21!" which really isn't my fault if he had a history in the first place(it isn't like the incident was my fault in the first place so...). The other guy that was making the comments? He had a history too. Except his was primarily in sexual harassment. All the school did with him was kick him out of tech school and I had this same guy attending the same class as me later that year, he seemed to not care(or possibly forgot) about what happened. A slap on the wrist for both of them, I'd say. Of course for the rest of the school year, I had to deal with their friends too(they were a part of the very large "cool kids" group while I was just some new kid and a loner). They would constantly moan at me on the bus or whenever they'd see me in the hallways making a joke out of it, refer to me as "that bitch", telling me I only got what I deserved and other things. I mentioned this to the school, about feeling unsafe on the bus. All the school told me was to "deal with it until you graduate". I'm thankful that it happened during my senior year. I hated that school because of it, I hold absolutely no pride in graduating from a place like that. Infact, it makes me feel dirty just thinking about it.

20. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's horrible! I'm glad you don't have to deal with scum like that anymore. Some people don't know the definition of decency.