1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job Interview Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GreenMan, Jul 29, 2015.

1. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi,

I have a job interview tomorrow at 12:30pm. :slight_smile: The weird thing is that we're meeting in front of a library, but then we'll go get something to eat. I've talked with the hiring manager before, she's nice and extremely accommodating, so it should be a good time. And she loves cats! She's even told me that she pats them all night, if they let her. :slight_smile:

Any tips for the interview?

Thanks

2. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Look here, a teenager who doesn't work coming to give you advice lol...:wink:

From personal experience, if you smile when you meet new people, you leave a great first impression. Not a fake or forced smile, not a smirk or a half-smile. A geniune smile. Don't stay there with a silly grin stuck on your face for the whole time,. But if you smile every now and then, especially at the beginning and end of the interview, it can make you look welcoming, enthusiastic, and charismatic.

I hope you have fun and good luck (*hug*) thinking of you!!

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Had an interview that went well today. Make eye contact, explain your responses in detail but don't ramble. Don't be afraid to interject some humor while thinking on your feet. Know your strengths and weaknesses ahead of time. Give explanations of why you left your last job but don't be negative about your last employer.

I once had an interview while on the 2nd floor of a mall while right next to the railing for the balcony.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not familiar with that sort of interview, but as long as you follow her game and make clear you are the best (plus having a convincing explanation), you should be fine.

All my interviews happened in cold offices with uncomfortable chairs, and to be honest, back hen I didn't gave a fuck if my future boss liked cats or strippers.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds super-informal o.0 Hopefully the setting helps you relax, but don't get lulled into a false sense of security. You're there to prove you will be a capable worker. As long as you stay sharp and exude confidence and enthusiasm I'm sure you'll do great.