1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I now understand how it feels (a little) to be a straight shy guy...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by waternation, Jul 29, 2015.

1. waternation

waternation Guest

Yep, the title is a bit weird but that was the first thing that kind of went through my head after this experience.

I never really got why guys are shy talking to girls, even attractive girls... even though I am attracted to attractive girls, because... Well, I thought because I was a girl? :rolle: There's nothing that mysterious or scary about us.

But... I recently moved and have a new housemate. It is a house share with a few other girls, each with our own rooms. I needed to talk to one of my housemates about something so I knocked on her bedroom door and when she opened it for a few seconds I literally couldn't speak. She is very naturally beautiful and she just looked amazing before.

...How embarrassing!!:eusa_doh:

I felt like I understood straight shy guys a little more (or bi guys, or pan guys, or... any of the male identifying humans who like girls^^)

Anywayyy...

Nobody knows that I am bi here so I don't think she realised. It's just... that had never happened before so it surprised me :icon_redf.

Anyways, that is the end of the thread. It's just a little gushy and, ah, she is so cute!!

Carry on :smilewave

#1 waternation, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, of course not.. Except the fact that you are all evil and got an agenda.

3. waternation

waternation Guest

Haha, this is what I would say about guys tho :lol:

(very much joking^^)

4. souverian

also consider that the people of the male sex who have social anxiety get this problem twice as bad
    "am I doing anything that can be misconstrued? am I saying anything?"

cue failure to engage in casual conversation because I'm overthinking it

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you are really underestimating how hard it can be to be straight and shy, according to my mother I'm so shy that I decided to transition to become female so I won't have to ask a girl out! :lol:

(It really did come up when I came out to her for the first time... :bang:slight_smile:

At least guys will ask me out all the time once I pass! Sigh... :icon_redf

6. alilnervous

I have that feeling all the time, I get super shy and I can't look at people I like and I have a constant smile and I shuffle my feet. I miss having that feeling :rolle:

7. waternation

waternation Guest

Oh yeah, I can see how this would be very true! It's very easy for something to be taken the wrong way, or getting jumbled out of anxiousness.

Oh... really? That's a very strange reasoning for why you would transition >< Was she joking?? Oh, and that was the reason why I put; "I now understand how it feels (a little) to be a straight shy guy..." because I know it must be much much different, it was just in regards to some of the extreme nervousness to the point of being speechless :rolle:

8. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Untortunately, she was being serious as she was desperate to dissuade me, but I wasn't when I wrote my reply in this thread. I'm obviously not transitioning because I'm shy and I'm most definitely not a straight guy! So I really have no idea how hard it can be to ask a girl out... :icon_redf

Sorry for the misunderstanding humor doesn't always translate well into writing, I found your story really sweet. (*hug*)

Hopefully, I will feel the same way as you did sometime in the future...

9. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Speaking as a historically shy guy. It wasn't just women but everyone, however it was worse with women I fancied because a) I never knew what to say, didn't want to come across in the wrong kind of way etc, had no self confidence and sex always embaressed me anyway b) my inner conflict always got in the way and c) I was just plain scared of rejection, I have a few neuroses about this lol... Mostly healed with the help of my soul mate.

To be fair it probably would be the same with men, its just I have have never gone looking for male partners, they have always kind of just happened

#9 NervousAsHeck, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  10. waternation

waternation Guest

That's okay, no need to apologize at all^^ and I definitely didn't think that was really why you would want to transition, I meant from your mum's perspective it was strange reasoning. Maybe my reply wasn't very clear :icon_sad: Sorry.

Aw, I hope you do meet someone you'd like to ask out in the future. It sounds like there are more difficulties in different ways... And I'm sure you will feel that way about someone you find cute when you meet them (*hug*)

---------- Post added 30th Jul 2015 at 08:07 PM ----------

It's interesting to hear the different perspectives! So you think it would be the same with guys too? Hm, my past guy relationship also just "kind of just happened" as well. But there were also similar feelings to what you described. Oh yeah, rejection is really scary if you've already really started liking a person :icon_sad: I'm glad to hear you've met someone you consider as a soul mate and has helped so much^^

#10 waternation, Jul 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  11. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Ahhh cute girls are torture! But they're so lovely to look at and daydream about! I had the biggest crush on a backpacker when I was 15.. I wanted her so bad! I sometimes found it hard to talk to her too. She was really cute! I think it doesn't necessarily mean I know what it's like to be a shy straight/bi guy.. Just that I understand what the cuteness of a woman can do to a person! Just want to cuddle them so hard! Aw xx