1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT+ friendly universities/colleges?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alder, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if a thread like this has been made before, but I'm wondering if any of you know of LGBT+ friendly universities/colleges/similar places, like with accepting staff/policies and maybe an LGBT group and activities?

Any experiences too would be helpful :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone (*hug*)

2. Calldari

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have any specific colleges for you, but generally I would say a smaller liberal arts school would have more of a vibrant queer community.

In terms of stories... Something to keep in mind is that a lot of the LGBT people in the groups could be in the closet, or just getting used to themselves, so they're a bit shy, and maybe aren't SUPER SUPER active. Like at my school, the group meets, but infrequently because no one is going around trying to get people out there, raising awareness, having fun, just being themselves. It's one reason why I never went last year, but this year, personally, I'm tired of being in the closet. I'm a gay trans guy, and I'm ready to make everyone aware of that, and maybe find a cute guy, you know, I'm hopeful. But, that's beside the point.

Point is whether or not you find a really popular busy LGBT community or club at school, it'll get better and better if you go and are active.

Good luck.
    I'm sure other humans will have more school ideas than me.

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I'm actually looking into some of the smaller liberal arts schools. I suppose what you say makes sense, anyhow, it'll be comforting to know that a school is supportive whether or not I choose to go to the group, if one exists ^^

Good luck too!