1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it always gunna be this hard to find a guy?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayLadIreland, Jul 30, 2015.

1. GayLadIreland

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Im Aaron, im 18 fully out but dont fit into the stereotype, Im attracted to other masculine guys so its hard to find a potential boyfriend and i was wondering is there any tips you guys can offer me to find a bf? iv been in a relationship before and it really makes a huge difference to my depression and mental stability and makes me feel like im needed when im with someone, i really cant deal with being alone anymore, all my friends are in relationships and its killing me to have to see what i dont have every single day, i miss being cuddle so much!! :icon_sad: any help is greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

2. Cider

You could try to join dating sites, and go to gay bars and other gay centers in your area.

I'm only fourteen, so take this with a grain of salt if you want, but I think that instead and actively trying to find a relationship, you should just be open to the idea of one. Looking for a relationship can sometimes give off a vibe of clinginess and desperation.

I would personally try to make friends, and then see where it goes from there.

3. GayLadIreland

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    iv tried all of the above to no success and as i said in my post im not big on the "scene" so the clubs and bars aren't really an option for me. Also i didnt exactly mean a relationship but more finding someone whom i care for in the same way i did with my previous partner. iv made tons of other gay friends but iv just never clicked with any of them like i did with him, thnks for the advice dude!

4. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't think about it too much and it'll happen

5. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been good making friends so do with this what you will. I met my ex at a convention. I think it has to do with what Cider said and you just have to be open to friendships...... I've never been into the club and bar scene the ones I've been to I've been hit on by old lechers

6. MrSkittles

Yeah, I have ha a hard time to. Never had a bf but I try not to think about it and wait and see what happens

7. Vashta Nerada

Man I'm Irish myself and I'm afraid the game is tough outside of Dublin,
    You say clubs etc. aren't really your scene but sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone, don't go treating it as a big guy hunt. Go out with a few mates and just try to enjoy yourself, knowing people is the best start.

8. Greenapple

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to work on being happy on your own before you can be happy with someone else. Basing your sense of self worth and happiness on someone else is a huge burden for anyone to bear and is not a healthy foundation for a relationship.

Join a group or take up some hobbies, anything to get you outside of your normal circle of friends and acquaintances. Best way to find someone new is to stand outside the box you live in normally and be open to opportunities.

I hope that helps a little.

9. CyanChachki

It can be difficult to find the right person but that's the fun part. Think of every person you've dated as an experience. You learn something from relationships every single time and you can carry that on into the next one. All I can say is just be you :slight_smile:

10. GayLadIreland

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    thanks for the advice guys, i do appreciate it and its cool to see that there's other irish lads on this. :slight_smile: