1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has someone ever turned your friends against you

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Driftr

And did you ever get them back? How did you deal with that person? And did you make new friends?

This has never happened to me yet. But I was just reading stories about friendship betrayal and I was wondering if anyone here has had to deal with that. Hopefully I never have to deal with that though lol.

2. Ashley2103

Yes. No. Stopped talking to the person. No.

3. MistyDawn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes the sad part it was my best friend that turned the others against me... 2 out of the 5 i talk to occasionally since they actully came to me and told me what happend an mended things. As for the rest i could care less to see. As for the ex best friend.... she found herself with a fist in her jaw and jaw wired closed for 2 weeks. I ended up making new friends that same day...

4. CyanChachki

Yes, twice. The first time was my best friend who told our friends to not hang out with me, because I was starting a rumor, saying that she flashed me. It wasn't a rumor, she actually did it because she was trying to demonstrate what a classmate did to her and a few others the day before (which was flashing) and I didn't tell everyone. I told one of my friends from my class, who didn't tell anyone else. The reason why I told her, was because A) she saw it happening and B) I was freaked out.

The second one was with my ex in 9th grade. Before we broke up, we would write each other cute little letters, usually every day, and then we'd take them home, read them and write one back. Well, her sister decided to write something to me and she did a drawing of a chibi sailor moon at the bottom. I had wrote to her back and asked her to draw something else for me, so she did and we started having a conversation about art. My ex told this girl (who I completely disliked) what was going on. According to her, a few days later, that same girl went back to her and said that I said I had feelings for her sister and that I was with her only to get to her sister, which I didn't and I wasn't. Yet, instead of going directly to me or to her sister, she broke up with me, started calling me names, telling me to F off every time I tried talking to her and she eventually turned my friends against me, even though my "friends" didn't know the story at all.

5. Leifa

Yup... just in June. Was a horrible experience. No, I don't talk to them anymore unfortunately. Or fortunately I suppose. They turned out to be horrible people who used me and took issues with my personality and never said anything until they decided to treat me like crap.

6. SpiritEnergy

Once.. I did kinda get a friend back. Kinda.. It started off with one of my best friends when we were in ninth grade. There was this boy that really liked me and I started talking with him and see if something happened from there. My "ex-bestfriend", he is gay, got all bitchy all of a sudden and just said: "I am mad with you. Don't ever talk to me." I tought it was a joke, but then he literally didn't talk to me. Then he sarted talking behind my back with two other friends I had and they stopped talking to me. After some time, when I ended the thing with the boy, he started to go out with him. Then my "ex" left him because he wasn't over me, which made things worst. My "ex-bestfriend" started to talk even more crap about me, but after some time one of my friends started to talk to me, th other one... Never knew about him.. That's what happened..

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Has anyone ever turned my friends against me? Well, no. That would require me having friends.

Have I ever turned others against somebody? Yes, many times. It used to be one of my favorite and most enjoyable activities to do, to watch a person's world fall apart until, finally, so desperate for companionship or not to be labeled an outcast, they'd hang out with me... at which point I'd throw them to the wolves.

I was a terrible a person. I'm better now, though not totally fixed.

8. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't had either experience, but I did witness my group of friends being turned against one of our group (that one person now being my best friend and basically the only person of that group I still talk to). It was pretty awful for me, watching them turn against her. I was already so angry at the time, I think that was basically the last straw before I really shut my friends out and closed myself off to the world.

Now, 10 years later, my best friend talks to more of our high school group than I do (there were 6 of us, she's facebook friends with 5 I think). The girl that perpetrated the betrayal, at the end of high school she came right out and said that she never planned on remaining friends with any of us because she was going to follow her dream, leave the province and never come back. She's the only one still living in that town, and I don't think anyone she knew in high school still talks to her.

9. Cedar

Well not really. People have tried but I always make it clear with friends that I'm always open to talk if any issues arises. So someone can just come up to me and ask me whether I did something or not. Boom. Problem solved.

10. Matz

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No... but I've had friends turn against me in favor of other people. I used to be friends with a small circle of people who were very nosy, and one of them would bully me in private so I tended not to open up to them. I just didn't feel uncomfortable knowing he'd hear, too, and only one of them was actually my friend.

Eventually, the one who bullied me started actively excluding me when possible and the others claimed I was acting suspicious by not sharing as much of my feelings as they were. My friend kept telling me I had to compromise and just play along with them. I ended our friendship.

I was right in not trusting them as they were later involved in criminal activities, including against each other.

11. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Three times, but it was all my fault anyways.

12. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've had it happen to me a couple of times.
    Once, it was by a girl who wasn't okay with my sexuality and decided to tell everyone who joined our school about it because "they have a right to know"... :bang: Cost me a lot of potential friends.

The other case was more serious. I broke up with a girl with whom I had a lot of friends in common, and she told every single one of them that I'd said mean things about them, and twisted words so it sounded like things I'd actually say, only worse.

Lucky for me, they'd known me longer and eventually, after some rage, decided she couldn't possibly be telling the truth. Or that it didn't matter.
    One person said he knew she was lying because when I met him after it'd all gone down, I gave him what he called "an honest hug". Every time I think of it, I want to hug him even more (*hug*)

13. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Never. You won't become my 'friend' until I'm sure you are loyal.
    Depending on the case, it can take several years until I'd trust you.

My ex partners, those were the fuckers who turned against me.

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Nah, I'm tight with all my nakama

I did this to someone though
    eventually we made up now everything is great

15. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People don't do things like that to me and live to tell the tale.

16. Cider

Nah, because I trust my friends and they trust me, and it takes a lot to gain that trust, and prove that we're loyal friends to each other.

17. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, maybe I'm easy-going but I don't remember anyone doing this to me.

18. MouseKeeper

I was the kid in school who evidently subconsciously displayed some degree of same sex attraction. Everybody but me could see it. This had unfortunately led to the "cool" kids asking my "friends" why they're friends with me. They said that I was gay. That in turn ended up losing me my friends. Every new kid that came in, the "cool" kids would tell them not to be friends with me because "He's gay." Referring to me. But the way I see it these days, fuck bigots. I am the way I was born. If people have a problem with me being Bi, then fuck 'em. They aren't worth my time.

#18 MouseKeeper, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015