1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drug Testing at work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Simple Thoughts, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Simple Thoughts

Don't worry this isn't a "Help! I does the drugs and need to get clean" Kinda deal...just an interesting story

So at work they are doing "Random" drug tests, really they're just picking people they don't like who they "know" do drugs to get rid of em. Apparenlty the people up in the office think I do pills for some reason ( lolz to himself ) I guess I'm just so weird and awkward I come off as a druggy or something =/

I was completely blindsided by that though, but I'm apparently to be #1 on the drug test list.

I can't wait either. I haven't touched a marijuana in over 3 months and I don't, nor have ever, done anything else ( well my dentist gave me a prescription for vicodin 5's once...does that count? ) so after that test is over and I come back clean I'm gonna be the most smug person in there for at least a week...It will be fun :3

I am sad that they want to fire me so bad though...I don't even know why...I come in, never miss, and do my job. That's more than can be said for sooooo many people there. WTF!?

2. thepandaboss

I think drug testing in general needs to sort of be taken with a grain of salt. There's a lot of reasons why you'd want to drug test. For example, I can see it being perfectly valid if it's a job where heavy equipment or workplace liabilities are something you need to consider with employees. That being said, so many people get around drug testing that unless you decide to test everyone at random and on the same day you select them, people will find a way to get around it.

As far as vicodin, since it's an opiate, I'd recommend you see about getting a doctor's note. Opiates do show up on drug tests. If a note isn't available, bring in a copy of your prescription.

I think, but I'm not 100%, that in some states and circumstances where medical marijuana and stuff like that is involved, you can also see about getting a doctor's note for that. Again, not 100%. In any case, using any kind of medication and being concerned about a drug test is something I would ask your doctor about and see what you can do to protect yourself at work.

3. Simple Thoughts

Oh no. I know exactly why they're doing this and I can assure you it's not random at all. This place is all kinds of messed up and I know of at least 5 people who are obviously on drugs who won't ever be tested. One guy once laid down in a pile of sawdust making bird calls ( Won't ever get drugged tested at this place )

Oh this was like 3 years agao. I'd hope vicodin doesn't last that long in your system ;_;

Oh I'm fine.

4. Maugz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I always take drug tests like super serious because thanks to those i can know i'm someone is trying to poison / assassinate me secretly :grin:

5. Simple Thoughts

6. thepandaboss

Oh, I thought the vicodin script was more recent. If you're not currently taking vicodin, you don't have anything to worry about. Assuming it's just a standard urine test, vicodin takes 3-7 days to pass through your system.

7. Simple Thoughts

I know I don't.

I just thought it was funny they think I do pills.

I barely ever even smoke week, I sure as heck ain't doin anything worse than that