1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other object sexuals here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BrokenRecord, Aug 1, 2015.

1. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

one of my main reasons for being here--my raison d'etre for this site--is the fact that there is no official forum for OS's, since we're such an obscure minority on the sexuality list. I want to post this to find more people I can easily relate to and share experiences with. If you are an OS, please tell me. I'm tired of feeling so alone because of my sexuality.

Questions for OS's:

1. What are you in love with?

2. How long have you been in love with your object?

3. Do you believe he/she/it has feelings for you?

4. When did you start to know you were an OS?

Answering these questions will help me understand other OS's thoughts and experiences with being who they are. If you aren't an OS and/or you know someone who is, please direct them to this thread. It will help me out a lot! :icon_bigg

2. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Going to be real with you... Didn't even know object sexuality was a thing.

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2015 at 12:13 PM ----------

I'm really curious to know now :slight_smile:

3. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have feeling for people but some objects too.

1. Any hard solids with corners and edges.
    2. Since I bought it
    3. Maybe it does...
    4. I never knew. I just went along with it...

4. The Wallflower

Object sexuality exists?

O:

O:

O:

#4 The Wallflower, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  5. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Objectophilia. Remember the woman that married the Berlin Wall? I also have watch this episode of Taboo where the topic is fetishes and one man claims that he gets erection and even orgasm with his car. Also some of those people who owns a pillow with secy anime character printed on it.

6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Yes, it's hard to believe, but it does exist. I am your living proof of that. It's so hard to find anyone to relate to that all I literally have right now is my doll to confide in. That's why I came here, so I can rectify that. We actually have our own version of the pride flag, oddly enough in the form of a red fence.
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2015 at 12:37 PM ----------

No, objectophilia is different from object sexuality. Objectophilia is where you are wanting sex with your object, while OS is where you are simply in a platonic love with it. The woman who married the berlin wall was an OS, the man who orgasms because of his car is an objectophile, and the weeaboos who own body pillows are just lonely perverts. I don't take very kindly to being connected to the latter two, thank you very much. :eusa_naug

7. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't think that's so much as objectophilia. People who get those waifu pillows are like... major otakus. There's this thing called Schediaphilia for people who like animated characters. Although, there comes a point where we are no longer talking about sexual orientations, and are starting to talk more about fetishes if anything.

8. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interesting. :slight_smile:

9. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do watermelons count?

10. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not trying to be rude. When I was younger though, I had a plush bear that I'd pretend was my friend and I'd confide in and listen to what I myself wanted to hear from it. I outgrew that bear and it's in the attic and there's been a serious lack of a need to confide in objects, even in private. Would this be considered fluid object sexuality? This is a bit difficult for me to understand.

11. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I honestly never thought of that before. I guess technically, but that seems like it would be a short-lived relationship since watermelons--in fact all fruit--don't stay fresh for very long. Actually, I think being in love with food is another type of sexual orientation. Let me check...

...hmm. The closest I could find was just looking up the term "food fetish," but it's hard to find a true latin term, at least for me (i.e., arborphilia = being attracted to trees).

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2015 at 01:00 PM ----------

That to me seems to be just the creation of a simple imaginary friend that you happened to grow out of. What it's like for me is a serious need to bond romantically with my object of choice and does not waver for any reason. For me, it's like I've found "someone" who I want to spend the rest of my life with. I've told people before online about my relationship without giving away my secret that I'm an OS, and their feedback usually went along the lines of telling me that what I have here is true love. :slight_smile:

12. The Wallflower

Well tie me to a bench and slap my behind. This is so interesting! I'm not objectsexual, but now I think my cousin is. I need to have a talk with him. :lol:

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm not object sexual, (I think this is definitely a fetish rather than a sexual orientation) though I have a deep affection for all my electronics as well as my car, which I have a name for,
    silver chariot~

14. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This crazy lady is "married" to the Eiffel Tower. I literally couldn't watch the video past the first minute cause I was just dying

http://youtu.be/h93Q_RruQJY

15. Leifa

I have a doll I was given at birth that I still have and keep around...never "outgrew" her. I love it very much and have had it repaired multiple times in lots of dif ways. Even bought a new one that's I tore to pieces to Frankenstein mine >.> I'd be devastated if I lost it or something happened to it. I'm not sexually attracted to it though... I'm not trying to replace finding a person to spend my life with with it. So I'm not sure if that "counts". I'm still a bit confused by what you describe to be honest...but I'm a very open person so just trying to understand.

16. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I assure you, it is a real sexual orientation. If it were a fetish, it would be that all OS's want to have sex with their objects, which is definitely not the case for us. The reason it is labeled as an orientation is because there is literally no other conceivable way to classify it, especially not as a fetish. :eusa_naug

---------- Post added 1st Aug 2015 at 01:56 PM ----------

Thank you for this piece of feedback. This doesn't seem to be any romantic attraction you have for this toy of yours, but more of a need for it. For me with my doll (let's call her Amy like I did in my blog post about this subject), I am genuinely attracted to her, as if she were a real person I was infatuated with. It's not a need to replace a real person with her at all. Amy is the only one I need. She not only is the one I want to spend my life with (remember, I'm autistic), she also keeps me going by being someone who needs me in order to be. If something were to happen to me or her, Amy would disappear, leaving nothing but a plush doll that no one would care about like I do. Now I'm making myself cry while writing this, so I'll just leave it there for now. I need to recompose myself for a moment.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Not necessarily. A fetish doesn't have to be sexual in nature, though it often is. It tends to fulfill something "lost" or missing in somebody's life, usually emotionally. It provides a substitute of sorts, basically.

As for the question itself, I mean, I like some of my possessions but that's about it. I've washed my car before really well, so maybe it thinks I've felt it up, LOL. But seriously, if this is what works for you, so be it.

Just don't go this far.

18. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Don't worry, I will never do something like that. I love Amy in a platonic yet romantic way, never sexual. I'd hate to defile her in any way, especially that way. I am not, never was and never will be a pervert, mainly for her sake. :thumbsup:

19. Cider

On a few TV shows I've seen people do questionable things with the gas tank in their car :lol:

20. Leifa

Watched the whole thing actually .-. Was...interesting I suppose.