1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dad and ..err... Dad?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shevanel, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Shevanel

Alright, I've seen lots of topic about like homosexual couples having kids and stuff and theoretical talks about joining sperm and stuff like that. Surrogate mothers and such. Alright, now lets say you do get the kid, what do they call you? 2 dads in the same house? Is that not really confusing? Like I REALLY want to have kids and be a father sometime in the sorta near future, but if I'm with a guy and we raise this kid together, who is he calling when he asks for Dad? Cuz we're both sorta dad's... like I just thought of this and i'm like ... wtf. Same goes for Mom and Mom. Like should one assume the Mom role? What is EC's thoughts on this? Cuz I'm almost scared to have kids now lol. Another thing is I'd feel bad for the kid if they're made fun of for having two dad's or something you know? Damn the world today. I still want a son when I get a bit older tho.

So yeah, What do you guys think?

2. XD Don't give up on kids over something as silly as titles... Although I've wondered this myself.

3. Shevanel

Oh no I'm totally not giving up on kids at all. I'm one of those crazies who like would love to be a father like under 25? yeah i'm serious. it just worries me.

4. Ha... I'm kind of one of those crazies too. Maybe not 25, definitely before 30, but I don't know; it really depends. Hmm... What about Dad and Daddy? Using first names or nicknames sounds a little distant, but it might work. *shrug* I don't know.

5. RaRa

Me too. I wanna be young when I have kids. I wouldn't really worry though because times are slowly changing and in a few years things could be different.

Once my kid hits 6 years old though I want them to skip to 14. Kids in between those ages are annoying. -_-

6. Trystan

*double shrug* ahh...
    I've wondered this too, but I guess Dad is really just a derivitive (from something) nickname :\ wait til you've got them to find out what they want to call you. Something'll turn up :slight_smile:

yeah, I'd really like a kid though. A boy, not a girl, they can be reeeeeeeeeeeal bitches and are awesome at plotting against you lol

7. starfish

From ages 2 - 13 it is Dad, no I meant other dad.

From 13 - 19 it is :***:ing :***:

8. Ronnie92

Most go with the Dad and Papa thing
    just like mommy/mama...

9. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

A coworker of mine is in the process of adopting two kids, she and her partner are being foster parents for them now. I don't exactly understand the situation, but they've got a little boy that's 4 and a little girl almost 2. My coworker and her partner have very similar sounding names. The little boy calls them mama d and mama [insert name here]. It's not so much a big deal. This kid is still a little confused. "I have two mamas?" "Two mamas are taking me to school today?" It doesn't help that he still sees his biological mom every weekend (or every other weekend).

I'm sure you can come up with some sort of names. Or just dad and dad, or Pete and Andy. One could be dad and the other one daddy. (altho that would only work for so long because once a kid gets older they don't want to be calling their father daddy)

10. Jeimuzu

Well, you can call them Dad, Pop, Father, Daddy, Male-Parental xD, and so on. Or you could use Dad and add a suffix of an initial or name. =]

11. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I'd just have my children call us by our first name.
    That's how I've planned it anyway. I want to equate myself with my children

12. Shevanel

Hmmm, I understand equating yourself with children and all but like, you gotta be really good with them, or they'll sorta take over u know? like u know what I mean, and i'm not tryin to tell ya how to raise your kids, but you don't want to let your kids walk all over you.

13. TheRoof

wow i can't believe people are wanting kids already.
    i mean having a kid to raise is a pretty big responsibility and
    i wouldn't want a child until i'm at least over 25, but that's just me.
    having a children of your own is actually a really scary thought for me-i would be a horrible dad lol i'm just not good with kids

14. Nixon

they'll figure that shit out there not retarded (I Hope)

15. HighintheClouds

I gotta admit that I like that idea. So let's say my name is John and I have a partner by the name of Henry. I'd be Papa J and he'd be Papa H. Although to make it shorter since most names for parents are monosyllabic or disyllabic at most (think 'pops' or 'momma) we might have to do something like 'paj' and 'pah'.. Which will then sound weird...

16. Kryz

I think kids figure it out themselves.....

I mean you give them a whole bunch of options, and then they kinda decide... Or something... don't listen to me, it's too late and I should be sleeping.

So yeah, dad [something] and dad [something else] should work

17. Shevanel

It is late and i should be sleepin too, all i know is, the kid's callin ME Dad lol. its the potential other father we gotta worry about lol. but who knows, i might marry a woman :slight_smile:

18. OneHatMadder

I saw this couple and they were called Big Daddy and Little Daddy.

Whoever says one can't be called Mum though?

I plan on being called Mama and my partner can be Dad :slight_smile:

19. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

I feel bad for the kids that are raised in an environment where they'd think its ok to pick on someone if they have 2 dads, a parent of a different race, or a parent with a disability, or anything other than 'normal'.

Its Dad and Dad, or Mum and Mum.

20. Shevanel

Yeah i totally get what you mean, its totally not alright at all, but you gotta think realistically that it'll pretty much happen anywhere. It's sad but true. Oh well, you gotta brave through it, right? but yeah, shit happens.