1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That Secondary/High School Post-Graduation Feeling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connorcode, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I finished secondary school (high school, as its known to others) back in June, and recently I've been slightly (and I mean slightly) overwhelmed. It's like all my life I have been travelling and climbing up some narrow path, blocked in on either side, only to now reach a kind of wild expanse at the top of this path, a plain of futures. There's so much I could do; I want to take a working gap year and go to uni next year, but I'm questioning everything now that I have the freedom of not being in education anymore. It's so brilliant and confusing.

Shen (of Owlturd Comix)'s comic on the link below sums it up with another analogy.
    These 7 Comics Sum Up Exactly How Graduating Feels (Page 2) - CollegeHumor Post

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? It's crazy, isn't it?

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats! :grin: it feels awesome, right?

Whether you go to uni right away, or spend sometime working, I've found in my first year and summer employment that te people are much nicer than in highschool, and life in general is better after highschool :grin:

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember that time very well. I had my plans made the year prior. In this time of your life, it is actually valuable to have some goals. I am not saying plan your whole life out, but you should have an idea of what your interests are. Can it change? Yes. Network. Has anyone offered you a job? Which of your older friends or adults has a job you admire? And of course, it is never to late to go to college/university.

4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I had goals, but as someone who was pretty academic (until I bored in the final 6 months), freedom blew me and my plans away. I'm building connections and working on getting more confident; right now I don't think I could survive uni.

5. Lyana

Congratulations! I hope you make the most of the year ahead. I remember graduating. I was so excited to go to uni. My uni years so far have been amazing -- some of the most intense highs and lows I've ever been through. Definitely worth every second.

Graduating should feel like that, because life gets pretty different after high school. Enjoy it!

6. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats :grin: Kinda wish I had that feeling tbh.