1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About finding boyfriend/girlfriend

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Aug 4, 2015.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hello guys,

in your opinion, do you think its easy to find a boyfriend/girlfriend?

or is it a difficult process actually?

would like to hear your views. :slight_smile:

2. C P

C P

Around here?

Near impossible because of the prejudice against other minorities(ie race); you aren't even friend-worthy in this 'community' should you not be 'light-skinned'(do I need to elaborate?).

3. Xochipilli

Difficult! Because you have to put yourself out there. And I only leave the house for work and to buy cheeseburgers. :grin:

4. Eye Shine

Difficult... especially for gay people because mos of the time you don't know whose gay and who isn't. It's not like we put signs on our necks that say "gay" "lesbian" "bisexual". We have to figure it out, then figure it out if it is someone we are interested in, and then we have to work up the nerve to talk with them. Also if you are looking for a real relationship finding someone to call your boyfriends/girlfriends (if you are gay) doesn't come easy through dating apps or dating website or bars. So in short it is difficult. If it isn't by all means someone give me the knowledge I am seeking to make finding a relationship easier XD

5. Lyana

I wouldn't say it's "difficult," because I've never had the mentality that I should find someone and that it's going to be this long process of searching. I meet people, some of whom I am attracted to, some of whom I become friends with, and some of whom I ask out/ask me out.
    The hard part is meeting other LGBT people, because there aren't that many of us around, and even less with whom you click in every way. That's why there are meetups, groups, and spaces for LGBT people. And, of course, sometimes you just randomly meet a gay person in the wild...

There's also the whole numbers thing. At my uni, the guy/girl ratio is something like 70/30, so for straight girls it's pretty nice as they have more options, but for gay girls it kinda sucks. That said, the lesbians I know don't seem to be having much trouble.

6. lettuce

In my experience, if I'm open to a relationship I'll eventually find myself in one. I wasn't able to just go out and find a partner, but I never really needed to either. It just kind of happened.

I'd imagine it'd be different for other people, though. I have a lot of LGBT friends and I can be pretty extroverted. Someone that doesn't have the same opportunities I do might find a lot of trouble.

7. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think this is very area dependant in terms of availability, but equally I think this depends on just the type of person you are and your physique. A Classically good looking person who is confident will find it easier to establish a relationship than the reverse all things being equal.

Soneone who is shy, perhaps not the classical good looker will struggle. It's unfair but that is life unfortunately. As the shy guy I was always overlooked. This led me to just 'be myself' as rebellion, (although I still wasn't being) , and probably has a great deal to do with my lack of interest in dressing up etc. I didn't and still don't want to stand out, hense I was overlooked, cue the catch 22.

8. Mitchell

I am 23 and want a boyfriend...

It hasn't happened yet...

9. CyanChachki

Of course they're easy to find, they're everywhere! You can meet tons of singles in your area. However, not all of them are your type. It's totally okay to have a type, it's totally okay to have wants, likes and dislikes.. everyone feels that way. People say it's hard but it doesn't have to be hard. You just have to know what you want and that's that.

10. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    And have the confidence in yourself. It's not enough that they are just there.

11. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really wish there was like a visual indicator over someone that says what their orientation is. I don't approach guys at all if I don't know if they're gay. And there are a lot of cute guys that are my type (physically) around here. :frowning2:

If I am specifically at an LGBTQ event, then I will approach anyone to talk, but if I find someone super good looking, then I'm too shy usually.

12. maximas

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's kinda hard over here .... I'm not out yet, so that makes it harder

13. The Wallflower

I'm sorry, I'm probably just being overdramatic but it's not easy at all... at least not for a shy person like me. :/

It's hard enough to talk to people as it is. Talking with someone I like... *sigh*

14. Peace01

It's up to you. I remember I read a quote somewhere, "It takes a month to make friend if you approach to talk to them, but it will take a year to make friend if you wait for them to approach to talk to you."

15. Justinian20

It not easy for me to find boyfriend, I am too nervous to talk to boys, but I've decided that every boy is going to have to approach me instead of the other way round.

16. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's easy to find sex but boyfriend-material seems quite rare around here. Although one of my friends says that I'm too picky.

17. Rancid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been rather difficult for me :/ I've been trying to put myself out there more, and not be so worried about whether or not someone is straight... I mean, you never know unless you try, right? Flirting can be really fun :lol: Plus, the area I live in is very accepting of the LGBT community so that helps.

18. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for your opinions guys :slight_smile: