1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what should I do about a kitten ? ( halp, it's an emergenceh )

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by warthog, Aug 6, 2015.

1. warthog

Hi guys,

I found an abandoned newborn kitten in my garden this morning. I went to work, then came back in the afternoon to find it still alone.
    Now i've seen it before that stray cats come and go on their litter, and I don't want to scare the mom away in case she comes back.
    At the same time, I wonder if this kitten's abandoned. what should I do ?

Before anyone suggests it, there are no animal shelters, or any other form of institution that would take care of a baby kitten where I am. :eusa_naug

:help:

2. Yosia

Is it an impossibility to actually raise it yourself? If so, why not ask around?

3. rudysteiner

If the kitten has been alone this long then it's likely been abandoned. When we had cats we raised two kittens ourselves. I would take it in or have someone look after it and just keep an eye out for any female cats in the general area where you found the kitten. If you or no one you know can look after it, I'd call your local shelter and they should put it straight into foster care with someone who has a cat who can be used as a surrogate or bottle fed I'd imagine.

4. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    take it and go to a vet first.

if you just leave the poor thing, it won't last long.

5. SpiritEnergy

Take it to a vet, then take care of it yourself or ask someone of trust that can.

6. Acm

Acm Guest

Is there a vet near you? Or do you know anyone that's good with animals or would be able to take care of it?

7. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In that case, if you have adequate money to buy food for the cat, then maybe you should try taking care of it. But that's just my opinion. I like cats:icon_bigg

8. warthog

Hi guys.

I took the bugger in.

As I said no shelters or anything so for the first night I fed it with actually human formula and an oversized bottle, and today i'm going to look for the sort of milk better suited for cats. maybe i'll start lactating myself.

Thanks for the advice guys I appreciate it. if I keep it, i'll ask for name suggestions (!)