1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Did You Feel When You Realized That You Are Bisexual?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 6, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Alright, to be honest, being and finally realized at who I am, is still new to me. I have been questioning for almost a year. I still have no idea what I am feeling right now. I just know that my head is a lot calmer these days.

What about you guys??

2. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Not much really, I never really struggled with my sexuality in the first place.

3. Emerson96

Emerson96 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What did you think you were prior? Sorry I’m new here, you’ll have to fill me in.

I didn’t really make much of it to be honest, I was kind of excited because now it meant I had more options to choose from. I was also excited over the fact that I would be able to enjoy physical contact with guys.

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been with a girl, but I have been attracted to them before. Being trans makes my bisexuality a little complex. I think I tried to brainwash myself into liking women because internally as a boy, it would make me seem straight. However, when questioning if I was female, it would seem I tried to turn myself gay. The only way for me to figure out if my attraction to women is true or not is to get in a relationship with one. (In my specific situation; I'm not saying this is true for anyone else.)

5. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It took a long long time for me to finally accept it. But now I have I feel at peace.

6. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was when I was 17. I felt fine about it because I realized that I'd always been that way. Even while infatuated with a boy, I was attracted to girls at the same time.

7. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Very uncomfortable. Why do I need to like both?

8. CyanChachki

I was afraid because I felt like it was just another reason as to why people wouldn't accept me. I didn't hate my label or how I felt.. I just hated how the outcome could possibly turn out. But regardless, I ended up embracing it.

9. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok yes this matches very closely why it took me so long to consciously accept it. I don't class me as realising fukly I was bisexual until this point, although I long questioned what I was. I spent too many years trying to be normal and not stand out.

10. CharlD91

CharlD91 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I continued questioning myself a lot. Why was I attracted to both men and women. I struggled with it for ages but then when I finally realised I can't change who I am so I may as well embrace it. And that's what I have done ever since. And I am a load happier for it!

11. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still working on it now honestly. If sort of feels like a curse sometimes, because I hate feeling like I have to 'make a choice'. Like, I prefer women, but I still like men. If I were to get married, how do I go about making the right decision? Do I marry a man or a woman? Because there are qualities/physical attributes that I like in both sexes, so it's such a difficult decision to make. I know that I will miss the opposite sex if I were to marry the same sex and vice versus.

Sometimes, I wish I was completely gay, that way I wouldn't have to deal with my (slight) attraction to men.

I've been thinking that an open relationship is best for me, but it's hard finding someone who is okay with it.

#11 pinklov3ly, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  12. Vanilla

When I realized I was also attracted to non-females I was just like, "ooh, interesting". ^^

13. rudysteiner

I found out I liked guys at night, woke up in the morning and felt like I'd won the lottery. I felt amazing but it all went downhill from there until I realised I was gay and now I'm just trying to come up with the best time to come out to my Mum.

#13 rudysteiner, Aug 6, 2015
  14. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When you find the right person this will cease to be an issue. You won't miss it anymore than you would miss being with a person of the same sex as your partner. It's not that you stop being attracted, it just that doesn't matter so long as you can be yourself.

#14 NervousAsHeck, Aug 6, 2015
  15. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pretty similar here...was 16, and realized that what I felt really amounted to attraction to both sexes. "Oh wow...I guess that makes me *bisexual*." Pretty much end of story.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

While some of the minor inconveniences have been mentioned, I still love it.

I don't feel limited... I feel like there is so much more to choose from. Sure, I may like somebody who may not feel the same way, but that's okay. Statistically, I'm content with it.

My only complaint with it is, some days you're really into one gender/sex and then the next you're back to the other. On the surface this isn't a problem, but sometimes that passion can dictate how you feel and perceive. But overall, I'd say it's like winning the Lottery, because I see a winner.

17. DietColaGoddess

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    When I was younger I always thought girls were attractive but I also had a lot of guy crushes. I discovered that I was bisexual around a year ago and I struggled to accept it because I felt so different but now I feel great

18. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How did I feel?

Horrible, a traitor, going over to the Dark Side...

Now: I can honestly say for the first time since I began questioning my sexuality way back in 2004, that I'm at my most happiest and comfortable level (90%) which is the highest it's ever been:slight_smile:

19. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am thinking now that a lot of this depends greatly upon the way the realisation hits you. In one sense you could say that at some level I have known for a long time, I just didn't want to deal with it so I shut it out. On the other hand it caused me problems whenever I did feel something. Things is though I was never really sure what I was, I went through phases thinking I might in fact be gay, others that this was all down to my (at the time) inadequacy with women, causing me worry and doubting my self. So yes I realised that something wasn't quite regular many years back and this caused me many moments of anxiety or worse. However since I have accepted I was bisexual, truly realised what it was I am and faced it head on I am feeling great, liberated even. On the other hand thinking back there was a short period some years back, when the woman l who is now my wife first moved close to me and I had a huge period of anxiety and I think I realised that I was then, but there was still a lot of confusion going on. It's only now that I have come out , met it head on and accepted it that I feel the positives

20. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I was twelve when I first realized it, so I felt a lot of confusion. At first, I thought everybody was bisexual by default. When I then realized I was the odd one, so to speak, I felt a lot of anxiety and anger, especially towards myself.
    Then I had the usual thoughts, you know, "Why do I have to like girls" and "Maybe if I just try to control myself" and so on.

I've come to terms with it now, even though I still feel confused and kind of scared to tell anyone.

I've had periods of times where I've thought I might be a lesbian, but then a hot guy comes along and my mating instinct kicks in... So I'm sticking with bisexual until I figure it out, but I don't know if I'll ever be totally comfortable with it. Sometimes I think life would be easier if I was gay. Straight was never an option for me, lol

The problem I have with it is that while if I preferred only one gender, 50% of my new friends would have to go through the "Is this a potential partner/mate" cycle in my head before being redirected to the "friend" category, but as a bisexual, there's a much greater chance of me finding one of my friends attractive, and I don't want that.