1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Group for EmptyClosets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HighintheClouds, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighintheClouds

I don't know.. Blame it on boredom but I was on facebook just a few minutes ago and wondered whether there was a facebook group for this site. So I searched and guess what? Nothing!
    I was quite surprised, seeing as there was a very active group on this place. Do you think that it would be nice to have a facebook group or something for this site? I can think of a few things:

1. Of course the group description could say that anyone who is interested in LGBT stuff could join, doesn't have to mean that you're gay/les/bi if you join. Pretty much like this site itself.
    2. I'm also pretty sure that the idea must've come up here somewhere before, although I couldn't find anything when I searched past threads as a way to increase site publicity (and as a way of promoting this site as a clean[ish] place where anyone who's interested in LGBT stuff can just come in and.. well.. chat).
    3. And also, I'm also quite sure that there would be those here who would hesitate in joining such a group even if it did come into existence because of all that social stigma which might arise (I'm part of this group actually) and because of the fact that real names would finally be revealed.

But still, who's up for creating a facebook group? Pressure might actually just do something to me and make me jump onto the bandwagon. Haha.

2. Urman

Urman Guest

i would but im not due to ec being copyrighted.

3. Vector

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'd join if it was about.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There was one around earlier this year, but was disbanded around the time that all the changes came in. I assume that would be because of the "no personally identifying information" rule.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

That would breach the site security stuff we need to have in place as it would allow regular members to make contact with each other and also allow anyone (even people who are not a member at all) to contact members.

So we can't allow that to happen, and would make sure it got taken down if it was created.

6. HighintheClouds

Ah... What a pity then...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.