1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeking advice on getting six pack

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jeffreycominout, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know, I know. It sounds like a silly question!:icon_redf Anyhow, I've been exercising ( mainly doing push ups, sit ups curl ups, etc) & limiting my food intake. I weighed 155 when I started & now weight 143. I thought I was making progress. I fear however that I'm only going to lose weight & not actually get a six pack. Any advice, tips, et. Any would be very much appreciated. Please out any errors in what I'm doing. Thanks.:grin:

2. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry wish I could help but The only kind of 6 pack I have ever had came from the off license

3. Psaurus918

Six packs come from the kitchen... It's all diet and somewhat genetics. You can do 1000 sit ups a day and only have a 4 pack.

There are tons of YouTube channels to help you and fitness sites. But keep doing cardio and losing weight and watch your diet and you should see results

4. guitar

Leg lifts & weight loss. I have a 6-pack but I'm not skinny enough to see it. Your body fat needs to be quite low for your stomach muscles to show when not being flexed.

5. Jeffreycominout

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. I will apply the advice to my routine.

6. Ooh, this is right up my alley. And no, I do not have one, but the stuff I've been doing is working :slight_smile:

Do full body workouts to cut fat from your body. I know you may have heard this, but losing fat in one part of your body (should be the lower abs) can't happen. You must do full body workouts to lose fat proportionally.

Cardio is also important. Since I stress on doing full body exercises, swimming is one of them, and it's very underrated as well.

Do strength training involving the abs and gradually add weight resistance to it. I've been doing ab presses for a while and it's working well. Do flutter kicks to work out the lower abs and possibly add ankle weights to add more resistance.

When it comes to losing weight, diet is a major component. Exercise is more minor, but it helps so you still need to get off your ass :lol: Try to cut down on saturated fat intake while eating lean protein.

I know that chicken breast without the skin and fat is kinda nasty and tastes like your tears, but it'll help you out. You could also invest in some protein supplements if you don't want to eat dry chicken breast. I've taken this approach and I don't feel so deprived :grin:

Lastly, your genetics play a role in this. Some people just aren't meant to get a six pack since their bodies can't shed off the excess fat from your stomach.

Good luck! :grin:

7. RainOnVII

Abs, hitting the gym, and watching your diet (like eating fiber for breakfast to start up your metabolism) is good, but you also need some good-old-fashioned running. As in, going outside, timing yourself, and running miles and miles, running till you faint. This is the standard way of working your lower abs (argh, it's so hard to work those properly). You're lucky that you're living someplace warm--it's so hard to find the motivation to run outside in the north (which means lots of snow)!

I wish you luck on this difficult journey! :slight_smile:

8. LiquidSwords

Basically you need to build the muscles which make up a six pack and you need to be carrying very little fat on top of them so they can actually be seen. So basically a combination of exercises that work your core and cardio exercises that will lose you weight all over

I guess there's a million youtube videos that would give you exact routines but the exercises I like best are crunches, leg raises, combination of both of those (hardest abs exercise !!) reverse crunch, plank, russian twist (good for obliques which are more important anyway! google ) etc there are loads..

Best thing about core exercises is they are pretty much all body weight exercises so you don't need equipment and you can do them anywhere

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone has a six pack, but we often times don't see those muscles because they aren't strong or there is body fat hiding them.

Do a mixture of both cardio and weight training routines to help rev up your metabolism and the fat burning process and to build your muscle. As LiquidSwords said, core exercises are amazing and there are a lot of Youtube videos that can give you routines to try out. Just remember that with cardio, it needs to keep your heart rate up in your target zone. To find out where you fall, check out some calculators online that can help you find your target range.

The important thing to remember is that building muscle takes time, and patience is key. I've been trying to work on my core for years and I'm only now starting to see very minor results. So don't get discouraged if you don't see anything significant right away (and by that, I mean within the first few months).