1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lbj

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HuskyPup, Aug 8, 2015.

1. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love LBJ, he pushed though all the JFK agenda, and he's a cool southern man.

Odd, white-house recording, about his pants:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3GT9UN7nDo

Where're yer nuts hand down.

And he appointed Thugood Marshal.

#1 HuskyPup, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  2. AlamoCity

He did pass/wrangle many important legislation.

As a side note: Whenever I think of LBJ I think of one of two things: 1) the chant "Hey hey LBJ, how many kids did you kill today" (in reference to the Vietnam War) 2) it is my dad's opinion (based on talks with acquaintances of the Johnson family) that Lady Bird had a part in (or was overjoyed) with JFKs assassination so that her husband would be president :lol:.

3. wisefolly

wisefolly Guest

LBJ wasn't any more interesting to me than any other president until I read this article about Robert Caro and his decades long effort to write a multi-volume biography of LBJ. Caro is interesting on his own for the effort but also apparently has the ability to bring out those details that would make anybody more interesting than you would think. As soon as I hear about the fifth volume getting ready for publication, I'll start reading the series.

4. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think LBJ was a decent president in spite of the fact he dragged through a long and brutal war killing thousands of young men. But regardless he was president during one of the most eventful decades in history and tried his best to do what was right. I can admire him in some respects besides Vietnam.