1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairstyles and colours

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PatrickUK, Aug 8, 2015.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's talk about hair. :slight_smile: Are you contemplating a new hairstyle/colour, or have you recently had a re-style/colour? What are you considering, or what have you had done to your hair? What would you never do with your hair?

2. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I want my hair to be long and all the same length. I usually cut my hair so it's shoulder length or shorter though. I gotta let it grow.

3. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I used to have long, wavy hair, but I cut it shoulder-length and dyed it blue.
    It looked okay for about a week, then the colour started to rub off on everything, and slowly turned more blonde and green.
    Luckily, my dad bought me an appointment with a hairdresser so I could get it back to brown.

I had blue hair a couple years ago too, and it looked amazing compared to what I recently had.

I miss having long hair, though. I hope it doesn't take too long to grow back out.

4. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have never dyed my hair before. I recently got my hair cut short for the first time since kindergarten. I am really happy with my haircut.

5. AsiaJ33

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm cutting my hair in a week and I'm so excited! Right now it's long. It's my natural color, which is a highhlighted dirty blond/blond/red. I'm cutting it to very very short, like a pixie cut. I WOULD color it, but I can't because I'm really involved in theatre, and you have to have natural hair to get roles

6. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I recently cut my hair, as it was getting quite shaggy. I think I'm somewhat improving with my scissor skills, though it still looks like I had a run-in with a weed whacker.

Depending on my employment status in the next few months, I might dye my hair green again. Though, I am open to trying different colours.

7. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've always wanted to dye my hair blue

8. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [​IMG]
    I undergone a big change when it comes to haircut. It was really hard for me to have this haircut because my previous haircut have been my haircut for almost all my life. People tell that I got this haircut because I want to be "in" or get attention but the truth is I got this haircut after coming out to my best friend last January. Yes, I am that weird. My mohawks means my freedom, well atleast to one person at that time. I never regretted having this even my parents and aunts doesnt approved it.

#8 LakanLunti, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  9. Foz

Foz Guest

I got my hair cut the other day and I love it! It's the best hair cut I've ever had, I gone to Toni and Guy for ages, the cuts have been good but my hair is crap so I saw the style director and it's OMG perfect! It cost £60 but totally worth it, gay guys give the best hair cuts :lol:

He did ask if I'd consider a dark blonde fringe or a lighter brown, I'm tempted by the latter as it would at least cover up the grey! If I had longer hair I'd dye my fringe as close to 02C (car colour :lol:slight_smile: as I could.

[​IMG]

10. Cedar

My hair is sort of long but I would still like to cut it. I'm not sure what hairstyle I should go with but at some point, I would like to dye my hair green. The same colour as my text.

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I go for the simple short on sides long on top cut. I don't usually bother with any styling products because they take too much time. Usually just some hairspray.

I don't dye my hair - I don't want to make it dry or damaged. I like my natural hair colour - and people are always complementing it because it feels soft and smells nice, lol.

#11 imnotreallysure, Aug 8, 2015
  12. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not thinking of having a different hairstyle at the moment, but I am thinking of getting it dyed a metallic grey. I think it would look pretty cool, but I'll probably get it done once I get to Uni because I'm unsure how much my parents would like it.

13. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For the last 6 months i really like an undercut for my hair. A little water based pomade to style them and keep them in proper shape for extended time and i'm good to go:thumbsup:

never dye my hair, i really like my natural black color :grin:

14. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've awlays kind of wanted to dye my hair an unusual colour (like reddish purple or white/silver) but I don't want to damage my hair.

15. Lyana

I would love an undercut, or some sort of pixie cut -- but short hair is not something I want for myself right now. I want to achieve my long hair goals first. So instead I bleached two strands of my hair and dyed them red.

I would never bleach or dye my whole head of hair, unless I had aforementioned pixie.

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't plan on doing anything different to it. For one thing, as a person gets older, their hair changes. I used to have much wavier hair and once wore it fuller and curlier. I have seen those photos from the past and I'm not sure if I want to cry or gag. Now, I get them to use the electric shears/clippers on the sides and scissor cut the top. It works fine. Also, it always looks better 2 to 3 weeks after being cut because it grows out a little bit. I am a little self conscious right after a haircut. I have never owned those expensive mousses and gels nor even a hair dryer. I just towel dry it and sort of arrange it a little with a brush, which takes about a minute. In 5 to 10 minutes it will be dry anyway.

What would I never do?

When I was younger, I've had it straightened a couple of times. No pun intended! It felt weird. I decided to stop fighting it.

Also, I would never return to fuller, longer hair. After 5 to 6 weeks, I NEED a haircut.

#16 Tightrope, Aug 8, 2015
  17. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd never dye my hair :slight_smile: I don't really have a style or put much effort into it. I wish I could pull off a buzz cut :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have no hairstyle. My hair's been "short" ever since I can remember. Most of the time when I get my hair cut, I get a buzz-cut. Maybe some day I'll consider having it another way.

19. Box

Box

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yesterday I cut my hair short for the very first time. I had very long, wavy and thick dark brown hair. No regrets... yet. :slight_smile:

I like my natural hair color and I don't see any reason to dye it right now.

20. kyoujin

I want to grow my hair out as long as possible. It is a bit past the shoulders now.

In the past, I've dyed the inner/lower part purple. I found it too dark and close to my original hair color (black), so I bleached it again to try and get rid of the color, hoping to turn it to the blonde color the bleach had made it before.

It ended up turning bright pink.. Haha ^^;

It was an experiment I did long ago. I like my black hair, and wouldn't change it now.