1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you also never been in love?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Laura27, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I am a 20 year old bisexual and I am certain I have never been in love. It just never happened! Growing up, I was really curious to what it would be like to be completely captured by feelings for a certain person. As the years went by, I noticed most of my peers were developing crushes and were falling hard for people, just not me. And it is still not me.

I do experience sexual and emotional attraction towards a few people, and am quite happy in my current relationship, but I feel disappointed that I have never been crazy 'this is the one' in love.

Secretly I sometimes think people exaggerate what is is like to be in love (e.g. being on drugs, can't eat, can't sleep, believing they cannot live without a certain someone etc.)

I was wondering if there were more people like me, and if so, why do you think some people do and some don't fall in love? And if you happen to be in love/been in love before: what is it like? Is it as magical as it appears to be in books?

I am curious! :grin:

2. Hemlock

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You're certainly not alone. Sure, I've had crushes. At the time, maybe I would have told you I was in love. But it was only infatuation. I've only been in one serious relationship, but I never loved him (hence why we broke up). So I've never been in love with anyone.

There are times when I wonder if people just exaggerate love. There are also times when I like to believe in love and think to myself, "The right person just hasn't come along yet."

3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been infatuated but not in real love. I've had crushes on guys and girls but they haven't really gone anywhere. I've dated but I was just trying to have fun, not be all serious about it.

4. PrettyPurple

Love, hmmm. Someone could say I'm too young for that but I've been in love twice already so... at least in my experience, it is magical like in books in a way but certainly not all the time. But then a crush and love are also different... the simplest way to explain it is that a crush is more about you and love more about the other person. When you're in love with someone, you're the happiest person in the world when you're with them, you want them to be happy, and to you they're perfect, even though you know not only their good but also bad sides, they're still perfect to you despite those bad ones. You would do anything for them, I mean not in the crazy jump off the building if they tell you to way, but you get it. The little things about them, like what their favorite song is, make you smile. And you really feel like you can't live without them. And with time it kind of feels like the love grew roots? I can't really explain it, but then it's like, you don't think about them every minute of every day anymore, but they still make you so happy... I can't explain it better than that. But it's not all so beautiful, there is also a bit of pain in that... I'm bad at explaining it's pretty much like that.

But then this is coming from someone who has never been in a relationship, people I fell in love with didn't love me back, soooo yes :lol:

5. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same boat. Sure, I've gotten a little bit flustered around a cute day but that's about it. No late nights thinking about guys, its out of sight out of mind :lol:

6. kyoujin

I've been in love many times. It is a cruel, terrible emotion.

Everyone I've fallen for (all males, I have yet to fall for a female) has been either straight, or I was unaware of their sexuality... Or another reason why I cannot be with them.

I suppose that is what happens when you are attracted to the same sex.

In fact, there is still a lingering bit of love for someone I fell for very deeply...
    It was my fault that I never was able to be with him. I was afraid to confess my feelings, and horribly shy when around him.

Of course, there was another reason why it would have never worked out, but I will not go into that here.

Long story short, "love" has never worked out for me.

7. Lyana

I have been in love, and maybe I currently am. So that's either once, or twice, depending. But neither of those times was a "This is the one" thing -- I don't really believe in "the one."
    I don't doubt that you can fall in love, Laura27. It just hasn't happened yet.

That sounds pretty unhealthy, and not at all the kind of love I have experienced, or wish to experience. In love doesn't have to mean "crazy in love" and it doesn't have to mean "desperately in love." Sometimes it's a quieter, deeper, more comfortable feeling.
    However, I will say that I am temporarily long-distance with my girlfriend, and I've never missed someone as much as I miss her right now. I think and worry about her every day.

I'm a big reader, and I've followed hundreds of characters as they fall in love. And yeah, in my experience, it can be like in the books. It can be that moment when you see someone for the first time and you feel something, and then the feeling just grows and grows as you get to know someone. It can be butterflies and sparks and fireworks. It can be just a glance that speaks more than a hundred words. It can be so intense you're left shaking just from a kiss*.

*And no, I wasn't some blushing virgin.

8. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, I've been infactuated but I doubt that I've ever really been in love. I don't know though.

9. kem

kem

I'm not sure if I'm able to differentiate between friendship and love. Maybe I have been in love, maybe I haven't.
    I'm not very tuned in to my emotions.

10. Higs

I have never had a crush or been in love but somehow I am at a point where I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm ok with it

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

What is this weak stuff?

Love? P'fft!

I want.

12. Ryu

Ryu

^
    Lol.
    It's the first time talking to you here latley and that's all I can say... I am ashamed...

The closest I have been to this 'love' stuff you talk about is having crushes, namely on people who aren't real, eg. Anime characters.

#12 Ryu, Aug 8, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  13. C P

C P

Crushing? Yeah(a curse).

Love? Nope, and don't see it happening honestly(not a priority anyways).

14. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is love?!...Baby don't hurt me... don't hurt me... no more.....

in all honestly, i haven't "fallen in love with a gorgeous prince" yet. i'm too damn realistic for my own good. thanks nyc.

15. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Never have. Never will. :slight_smile:

16. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Never have. Hope I will be. :slight_smile:

And I hope you will be too Andrew (*hug*)

17. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've had crushea .......I have one now on a member of EC and have had friends with benefits......never been in love even when I tried relationships...... I just haven't met the right person I guess.......anyway I think love in itself can't exist without someone loving your bad sides as well....even if they are really bad...I'm bad at talking so I'm gonna shut up now on

18. Burnedcloset

Sadly I've never been in love or had a Crush/feelings for someone.

I have only lusted for others. :tears:

19. Wallace N

Wallace N Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had crushes and I've lusted, for certain. But no, I've never been in love.

20. RainOnVII

I had one middle school crush, and years later, that's the closest I've gotten to love. So, never been, but maybe will.