1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cecil The Lion And Black Lives

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ZenMusic, Aug 9, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

Just gonna say I think what that man did to Cecil was disgusting and that no-one should be killing an endangered species. I'm also not playing the "who has it worse game" because that isn't conducive to a productive discussion. But I will say that someone saying that they aren't going to tweet #BlackLivesMatter anymore if they think that they are more important than endangered species is very telling, and is racism in the flesh as far as I'm concerned. According to her, we are lower than animals. Where was this utrage over Sandra Bland's death? Her mural was then defaced by someone writing #alllivesmatter. That is how little respect some people in America have for black lives. Again, what happened to Cecil was awful, but why is it that people can show outrage when it comes to Cecil and not with Sandra Bland, or any of the other black people murdered by law enforcement in the past year alone? Again, you can care about both of these things without either hijacking something from one movement or showing apathy towards the people heading it. I just don't understand the selective outrage at the moment.