1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Republican Candidate would you vote for?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Aug 9, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes I really do want anyone to answer this question whether you are a republican, democrat or a independent what Republican candidate would you choose to vote for?

Also what one would be the most likely to be defeated by Clinton or any democrat nominee?

For the First one I would say John Kasich. of course I don't agree with him on all the issues but from a general standpoint he seems likable, approachable and someone I could see having a beer with. He looks not about personal attacks or making stupid comparisons he is about the issues and no other kind of bullshit.

For the best candidate up against to get defeated by Clinton I would say Ted Cruz because he is extremely divisive and partisan and would probably only rally the most far right of his base than any other.

2. Foz

Foz Guest

I'm inclined to say Kaisch also, he seems the most 'reasonable' least 'stuck in his ways', I'm not sure what to think of Bush, he's being so ambiguous on the elephant in the room subjects just so he's not punished by the wider electorate after the primaries.

3. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I would vote for Kasich. He has said that he accepts the Supreme Court decision, loves LGBT people unconditionally as God does(his words, not mine), and supports the Medicaid programs at the state levels. I like that he is pragmatic and authentic about what he believes. There's little to no facade.

Although, I like Rand Paul's stances on 4th amendment issues, this whole thing about getting the state out of marriage is unrealistic. He has also made homophobic and transphobic comments. I do like his anti-interventionist stances on foreign issues.

As far as candidate destroyed by Clinton, I think Ben Carson would get exposed in a 1 on 1 debate. I don't like him. He has the smugness about him, supports common core, is quite homophobic, and a war hawk.

4. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

None! I'm independent of the primitive binary candidate selection, though I sympathize more with the liberal side, as I used to be leftist, and I agree more with their opinions on social acceptance for everyone.

5. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None of the Republican candidates have a stance that I can stomach on just about any issue. It really seems like the party is becoming more and more extreme. I don't think I could in good conscious vote for *any* of them.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to agree. Even thought I am far from a Republican in many respects or even a democrat I could consider voting Kasich for President. I actually enjoy hearing his interviews he gives off a decent feeling most republicans today don't have in them.

7. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not everyone saw the GOP debate I guess. I think the LGBT community should praise someone like Kasich. He put his neck out there and gave a very compassionate response.

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did see it and completely agree. I would really like everyone to try and answer this question democrat or not. I might vote for Gary Johnson thought too if he gets in there as as libertarian.

#8 dano218, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  9. I'd vote for Rand Paul. The main reason being that if he gets elected, his first priority is to balance the budget. The National Debt isn't being talked about and that's not only dangerous for the future generations since we are the ones that will bear the responsibility to pay it off, it's dangerous for the economy. He also led the filibuster against certain provisions of the PATRIOT act and also wants full transparency of the federal government.

However, I disagree with his stance on abortion, immigration, and somewhat disagree with his stance on healthcare to be free market. But, it's very well fitting that he's an eye surgeon, so his arguments on the U.S healthcare system are more credible.

Chris Christie would lose fairly easily. Not sure about the others....

10. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I didn't see anything special about any of the Republican nominees after the "debate", aka: Q&A.

Rubio didn't get much air time, but I think he's a contender. Kasich seemed like a logical, decent, down to earth, politician too. Carson seems like a down to earth person, but I don't think that makes you a good president necessarily, so I don't get all the fuss. He's not a career politician, he was a surgeon, so I doubt he could effectively navigate the BS without getting frustrated at all the dumb people in Washington.

In my opinion, the candidate most likely to get defeated is probably Jeb Bush, simply due to the word Bush. Yes, he could get the funding, but I don't think people could overlook his family and intentions. Rand Paul also doesn't have a chance since he's too radical and seems to be somewhat corrupt.

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like Rand Paul stances on most issues besides gay rights of course but I don't trust him. He flip flops on every issue it seems of course every politician has a tendency to do it but he seems very good at it.

12. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not familiar enough with any of them to make an informed decision. Whichever one isn't so crazy or right-wing.

#12 imnotreallysure, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  13. Rolando4

None. Bernie Sanders has my vote! If he doesn't get the democratic nomination, then Hillary Clinton. :frowning2:

14. I would actually vote for Ron Paul, his father. He's far more consistent with his values than any other Congress men and women. Too bad it doesn't seem like he's running for president.

#14 anthonythegamer, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
  15. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. His father seems to be way more consistent I agree but I think he or his father would never get anywhere no matter how hard they try.

16. AlamoCity

Trump. Honestly, as much as it pains me, I'd wanna see that train wreck as president :lol:. Thank god I'd be over 26 by then and out of the draftable age.

But, honestly, Paul or Kasich.

17. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would vote for Donald Trump, as him getting the nomination would guarantee a Democratic victory. However the only way we're ever going to win Congress this decade or next is to lose the presidency in 2016...

18. The talk about the two-party system (more like a two-party monopoly) makes me want a proportional representation system and multi-party system where the third parties are in the debates with the Democrats and Republicans.

If the candidates always seem to be pandering to other voters all the time, that's because the two-party monopoly is too broad and not everybody in the U.S thinks one way or the other.

---------- Post added 9th Aug 2015 at 01:46 PM ----------

Also, he's pretty much the black sheep in the mainstream Republican Party because he's a libertarian, not a conservative. His belief in bringing the troops home and not voting for an unbalanced budget makes him a bit shunned by conservatives in the U.S. That's why he doesn't seem to make much progress with presidential runs.

He used to run for presidency as a member of the Libertarian Party, but that didn't end well.

If the elections and debates would take it third parties and provide for a more level playing fields, then he'd find far more success.

19. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If I had to vote for a republican candidate...mmm I would vote for Rand Paul. As long as it isn't Jeb bush, Ted Cruz, Chris Christie or Donald trump then I don't really care.

20. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    The thought sickens me so I'd do "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe".