1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anything I could do to earn some extra cash?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Akira12, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So other then doing things for grandparents is there anything I could do like online to earn some extra cash for gas and such? I'm good with editing stories! Anyone willing to pay me to edit anything for them lol. Need extra cash for gas to be able to see my girlfriend and get things while I'm looking for a job. No ones hiring and it's so frustrating!! Just thought I'd ask for any ideas!

---------- Post added 9th Aug 2015 at 02:07 PM ----------

Meant to put proofreader not editor since I'm better at correcting grammar mistakes and such then the flow of a story. But I'm great at bouncing ideas off of and such lol. Can u become a freelance proofreader without a degree or no?

2. Eye Shine

You could try selling stuff. If you are artistic you can sell your drawings or other creations. I don't know anything else though, but good luck

3. thepandaboss

Editors and proofreaders are in high demand. I'd recommend looking around at places like Upwork, Craigslist or Elance to start out with. Having a portfolio and some experience is a plus. There is a lot of competition in the field but stick it out and you'll build a good reputation. Prove you can do good work and you'll be in demand.

Also, reach out to your writer friends and groups. People always need someone to revise or look over their drafts.

I'm a freelance writer. I don't have a degree yet but I do make it clear I'm in the process of earning mine. It is harder to find good clients and positions if you don't at least have a bachelor's but what a lot of clients consider is the quality of your work, your ability to be flexible, and what practical experience you do have.

#3 thepandaboss, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  4. Kenaria

I know i'm not the only one to think of this but I'll probably be the only one to say it - there's always stripping!

Them people make so much money

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Babysitting kids.