1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids these days!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DreamerBoy17, Aug 9, 2015.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I know the title is ironic considering I'm 14, but here's the story...

So my younger siblings were playing at a park, and I was sitting with my mom on the bench. These two boys, no older than 12, get on the swings and start cussing. And boy, did they have a colorful language. Most things you can imagine. Here's the worst, though. The skinny one tells the fat one about the word faggot. And now he's saying the word every 5 seconds to the other. Then their sister shows up, and he starts calling her that! Then the fat one turns to the skinny one and says, "what's that mean?" and the skinny one goes, "I don't know." It just ticks me off so badly that these little kids are going around saying that horrible word without a single inkling of what it means. You can tell they're bullies, too, just by the way they treat the sister and everyone else. Think of the poor questioning kid hearing 'faggot' being lobbed around every other second.
    You know the best part? The dad, the whole time, 10 feet away, is sitting on his phone, not even looking up.
    Then the kids go and start hurling branches at each other. Then, they throw balls onto the busy road and make the other one go get it. Dad doesn't say a single f-ing word. My mom was just about ready to go over and kick his butt to Tokyo. They're saying all this stuff around little kids.

/rant end/ So, what have you had happen with annoying kids? :bang:

2. queermeerkat

queermeerkat Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was working at this place with a playground, and some kid went and threw up on the slide so I told all the kids to moose themselves out of there so I can clean, most of them left, but this one little bastard is like you can't make me leave I won't leave unless my mom says so and you can't make me.

For such a tiny person he had a lot of sass, I was on the clock and can't be mean to customers-especially their kids-so I calmly said well someone threw up in here and I need to clean it up so I need you to leave for a little bit, the pre-pubescent prick continues to tell me how he won't go anywhere. I'd like to have been able to say stop being a stupid brat and leave before I start spraying you with disinfectant like a damn cat.

Alas I can't so I just put up a sign that said the playground is closed and wandered around for five minutes pretending to work until the brat's mom took him out of there. Who brings their young children to a fast food restaurant to play in a playground for half an hour when it's 9pm anyway?

3. Cornered

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, parents aren't as good as disciplining their children these days, its as if they don't even care... I blame technology XP. What else teaches kids to be so sassy?

I absolutely hate kids like those because I'm not a word-fiend kind of person. All I can do is glare and/or try invade their personal space to make them move XP

If that doesn't work then I'm stuck.

Oh, I like to glare at kids who swear, but I don't think they notice XP

My natural neutral expression always looks like I'm grumpy/not-very-happy anyway because the corners of my lips curl downwards and my eyebrows just make it look like I'm scowling coz they're big XD
    Or it looks like I just can't care anymore, like I've given up concerning myself with other people's problems.

4. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ugh, I hate it when kids are being brats. I usually blame the parents.
    Especially if they're being brats on the train or any kind of public transport and the parents are like "kids are kids" and continues to let them make a lot of noise or bother the other passengers.
    I don't believe in the old "Kids should be seen, not heard", but I do think kids these days are way too noisy and un-disciplined.

The other day, I went to a cafe with my mum, and this kid at the next table threw a fit because there was something she wasn't allowed to have or do, and her parents just let her sit there screaming for fifteen minutes.
    If that was me, my mother would have carried me out of there instantly and possibly even had me wait in the car...

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You'd have hated me as a kid. I used to break adults.

As for the topic of kids and their behavior. You have good kids, bad kids, and those who have yet to learn how the world works or their place in it.

6. YinYang

I go to a summer camp for ages 6-14 and some of the kids there are so bratty. This one kid, let's call him Joey, acts like he rules the world. He disrespects all the counselors and CIT's (counselor in training). I'm honestly surprised he's still allowed at the camp. Our supervisor should have kicked him out a long time ago. But what annoys me the most is when they tell the counselors "You're not my mom, you can't tell me what to do." And a LOT of kids here say that, or at least something similar to that.