1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When your othet half does not understand

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NervousAsHeck, Aug 10, 2015.

1. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not sure I should be posting this, but on the other hand I need to. I'm sorry for whining but I have to let this out somewhere

Before I came out my wife was utterly understanding but now she is acting almost phobic towards me. It's taken a few weeks to come out in the wash...

From her perspective it seems I have only done this to play games with her,(not true), but understandably I hope this is causing me problems. Now I am questioning my decision but I had to, it was the right time, but I don't want to lose her and my daughter. Today is not a good day. Every bit of confidence I have gained, every bit of peace had just been stolen. I'm sorry people, it's my problem but I am drifting at sea. The one person I thought I thought would be behind me has just stabbed me in the back

---------- Post added 10th Aug 2015 at 02:01 AM ----------

On the other hand I just had the strength to tell my mother in law

2. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm sorry to hear things aren't gong well :/ (*hug*)
    If you feel like it, could you elaborate a bit on what happened?

3. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well the simple fact us she has known for 11 years, I never admitted it to anyone but her, except one whome she told as the good friend in question needed an ear. But I don't think she ever even slightly understood what was going on inside of my head. It's never been that I wanted to be with anyone else. I just needed my brain to shut up as it were.

Anyhow 2-3 weeks ago after seeing a touching wonderful you btube coming out vid, I started talking to friends about items it culminated with a post on Facebook Kimi ed to friends. This has caused all the immediate probs

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She is probably going through a process that is similar in many ways to grief. If you have ever lost someone close to you, try to remember the range of feelings that you experienced - numbness, anger, denial, depression, bargaining etc. etc. It doesn't always come immediately and you may experience different feelings on different days - a little bit like waves. It's actually a very normal part of coming to terms with loss, and right now, she probably feels that sense of loss. Even though you are still there.. you are not - at least to her.

I know it will be very hard for you, but this is going to take time and patience. Some days will be as painful for you as they are for her, so it will test you quite a bit.

Coming here and talking/venting about it will help to get it out into the open. You are doing the right thing and we will try to support you when you are having these difficult days and don't feel so strong.

5. NervousAsHeck

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks Patrick x