1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out after having children

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by schrodinger, Aug 10, 2015.

1. schrodinger

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hi

Did anyone else have children before coming out? I fell pregnant at 19 and raised my daughter alone. I've come to accept my sexuality in the last couple of years but haven't dated anyone seriously. I haven't come out to my parents or family for many reasons but a few of my close friends and colleagues know. I feel like I will never meet anyone, then feel guilty that I should be focused on parenting rather than dating. So lost and lonely. Anyone relate?

2. Lipstick Leuger

Yes. I was married to a trans woman who decided to remain pre-opt due to medical issues. So, I looked like I was in a traditional straight marriage. I have three kids, now young adults. It was frustrating to say the least. You need focus on yourself a bit, or your daughter will grow up to think she is supost to be unhappy. Your job is not only to parent, but to be whole in yourself so your child has a good role model and learns to take care of herself. Cut yourself slack and date a little bit. Make it clear you are a package deal and you will find the right woman.