1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delusional Non-LGBTQIA+

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Gen

Gen

There I was shopping with my mother when we decided to pick up a few water bottles for a long drive that we are taking next week. For reference, the water bottles were only available in pastel colors. We picked out who would have what color bottle based on their favorite colors and I decided to take whatever was left because there were no shades of green. In the end, the dull pink bottle was left and her immediate response was:

"I guess you wouldn't want the pink one because you're man!" [Proceeds to search for a another color]

[Gen stands speechless in his purple skinny jeans, black button up, and rainbow bracelet....]

[​IMG]

~~~​

Dealing with cis-heterosexual people who have missed the memo about our nontraditional sexualities, gender identities, preferences, or forms of expression is a daily experience for most of us, but there is no better way to deal with these experiences than to laugh them off. What has someone in your life said recently that left you wishing that they would get a clue?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You're wearing my favorite color on skinny jeans... dear God, Gen... find your time machine and go back to the 1970s, LOL.

As for the topic itself, I'll have to think about that one...

3. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I popped into a friend's class after the lesson finished while wearing tight floral jeans and a tight T-shirt (I give myself bad fashion Wednesdays from time to time), and chatted about assessment. Her teacher joined in the discussion and made a dismissive comment clearly indicating that she assumed I was a low-scoring, gay, frivolous arts student, along the lines of, "oh, but you wouldn't care".

Apparently I can't be gay and academically-inclined. I do hope at graduation she realises how wrong she was, should she recognise me.

4. SonicBoom

Many times throughout my life I have felt exasperated when straight friends and family don't have a clue to what I'm feeling or going through. :eusa_doh:

I think all of us have felt that way one time or another.

I made a very interesting thread the other day here on EC.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-...ues-discussed-here-ec-u-truly-relate-2-a.html

After reading the responses to my thread, I can never blame straight people for being clueless to my plight again.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is someone online rather than actually in my life, but I'm getting very used to this kind of message:

"I read your profile and I know you are really gay but i love the photos and would really like to meet you with abother girl perhaps?"

6. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    There was this one time...

I was chatting with a friend. I said I would really like to have a boyfriend. He said "Well, there's lots of nice gay guys". I tried to hide how agonizing that was... I guess I did it quite well... I didn't manage to honestly shake it off though. ._.

#6 Invidia, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  7. thepandaboss

I know a lot of people who assume that transpeople are only MTF and FTM is some weird, radical concept that no one's ever heard of. This is a little understandable. But the reason I mention this is because you won't believe the number of messages I used to get on dating sites from straight men wanting a trans woman. Or...I actually had gay guys offer to buy me panties.

There's no meme that reflects on that existential disgust and dread. So this is the closet thing I got: :tantrum:

Another thing is when I went to the ER, no one even paid attention to the fact I wore a packer, had hair all over my body, presented male or anything... Misgendered all the way. It didn't help that my health problems weren't male typical, if you know what I mean. And this was supposed to be a "progressive" hospital.

8. Gen

Gen

The kids are all about colorful jeans these days so how about you borrow that time machine and teleport to the present Grandma!
    Stereotyping me as shallow and superficial is one thing, but unintelligent is where I draw the line. Not to mention, I believe that stereotype is that we are all educated, pretentious, and cultured. If she is going to stereotype people than she needs to do it right!

And tight floral jeans and a tight shirt sounds like the best kind of fashion if you ask me. :wink: