1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any bronies here?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MouseKeeper, Aug 11, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

Hai. :smilewave So, recently I became a brony. This led me down the slippery slope to becoming a brony:
    [YOUTUBE]qRC4Vk6kisY[/YOUTUBE]

Is anypony else here a brony? Or a fan of MLP at all? Who's your favorite pony? Mine is Pinky Pie. Rainbow Dash coming in second, Fluttershy in third.

#1 MouseKeeper, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. KayJay

I'm not a brony but I have tried watching the first episode to see what the fuss is about. I didn't hate it but I didn't enjoy it either. I can certainly appreciate the fact it is a well done show though.

I believe there's a few members into MLP but I don't know their usernames off the top of my head.

3. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

I personally don't really like MLP either, due to the fact that the characters' eyes almost literally scare the shit out of me with those massive black holes they have for pupils. It feels like they're staring into my soul...judging me...GET OUT OF MY HEAD, PONIES!!!

I'm pretty sure Chiroptera is a brony, based on the fact they have a Pony in a business suit as their avatar. I'm not quite sure, but it's possible.

4. Cedar

Welcome to the herd!
    My favourite out of the mane six is Rarity. Your video will not load for me, what is it, exactly?

5. MouseKeeper

Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows.

6. Cedar

You mean the one with Fluffle Puff?

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, I'm not sure what that term means, anymore. It's changed definition several times over the last year, and if you throw in my gender, that makes it all the more confusing. So I'll keep it simple.

I'm a fan of MLP. It's a hella show with hella characters, and the less raunchy part of the fanbase is pretty damn awesome (this is a very rare thing to hear from me).

#7 Jinkies, Aug 11, 2015
  8. MouseKeeper

Yup. The one with flufflepuff. She's my favorite fluffy pony.

9. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've wondered about that term. A brony refers to male fans of MLP because of the word "bro", right? So then what are female fans called?

10. Garnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think some girls call themselves pegasisters, and others bronies or just mlp fans.

11. RainbowBright

That song makes me want to shoot myself in the face. Is that a normal, healthy reaction?

I LOVE rainbows. I love happy stuff. I also used to like the real My Little Pony back in the 80s, when I was the perfect age for that stuff. (Hence, my user name, which is in part a reference to a rainbow 80s cartoon, although the cartoon was spelled differently.) So you'd think this would be a slam dunk for me. But I am not at all a fan of anime style animation. And... I don't know, something doesn't resonate for me with the whole thing. But I have watched a few documentaries on the whole Brony culture, and I think it's cool anytime people are into the idea of being nice and having a happy, friendly, accepting world.

But maybe I'm not that accepting, because that song sounds to me like something the US military would use as a torture device to flush out the enemy. I already can't get it out of my brain, and think it may be slowly killing me. It's like Spongebob's "I'm ready!" but played a thousand times in a row. Except with Spongebob, the whole point is it's supposed to be annoying, that's what makes it funny. Do Spongebob and Brony fans often cross? Because I am definitely a fan of Spongebob (although I haven't seen any new episodes in years). But I liked that that was a joke, the entire show was sarcastic. I generally like a sarcastic sense of humor. Most anime animation takes itself WAY too seriously for me. I know this is a little different than most of that stuff, but... yeah, I guess that's what I'm not into, is how seriously everybody seems to be taking it.

But I support people's right to like colorful cartoon horses with happy, loving messages. That part to me is very cool. (I also used to like how the original My Little Ponies had this probably super-toxic smell of plastic that has a very sweet smell. As a kid, I found it super-soothing, they smelled like cotton candy for years after coming out of the box, because of whatever chemical they were made with. And I liked the sparkles on their butts.)

12. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a big fan of the show...maybe not a brony, per se, but a furry who does have a lot of fun watching it. Among the few good (non-anime) cartoons being made anymore.

I almost went to Brony-Con here in Baltimore, but was a bit short of cash...very fun people watching!

13. AlamoCity

If I'm totally honest, this is my reaction to watching this video: WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH?!?!?!? :lol:

I actually have watched My Little Pony before because my sister was into it, but it's really not something that I enjoy watching.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, okay. I've recently just heard that the term now only applies to the male fans that have super-sexualized it all and said that little girls shouldn't be watching the show.

I don't know about the validity of that rule, but if that's really the way it's gone, then I guess I'm not a brony for each of those specifications.

If the term has bounced back to its original meaning, then I suppose I am (which places me exactly where I was before).

I dunno, it's weird.

15. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't consider myself a brony, i just watched the first episode, but i like the drawing style. They are cute :3

16. Burnedcloset

My neices love it so I've learned quite a lot just listening to them.

Rainbow dash and twilight sparkles are my favorites. Looks wise.

17. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I might be a girl, but I call myself a Brony.

18. Sashafr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay I'm gonna be that guy I guess.......what the fuck is a brony and why are y'all talking about shit my sister watches? Seriously I'm so lost right now.....

#18 Sashafr, Aug 11, 2015
  19. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I watch the show, but I don't know if I really identify as a brony :astonished: I'm a fan, though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. MouseKeeper

Brony is the male audience of My Little Pony.