femininity vs masculinity, I think I like both

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wannahavechange, Aug 12, 2015.

1. wannahavechange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello ladies,gents, and cat people!!!
    As the thread suggest. What is your definition of femininity and masculinity and double Standards for men and women. Such as:

Women can go to the bathroom together... you don't see a group of dudes standing up and all agreeing to go to the bathroom

Men are considered pervs for checking out women.. when a girl checks out a guy she's either in love or just harmlessly flirting.
    Etc..
    On that side note I grew more conscious about my appearance today.. while riding the city bus I was told by an older lady that I have pretty eyes and wait for it..... you have a nice skin complexion... I thought she was going to say you have a nice skin complexion for a black person, but that was me jumping to conclusions. She said you have a nice skin complexion, I'm a beautician and most black women want that color.. then she said you're almost to pretty to be a boy.. ladies and gents.. can't forget cat people... I started spasming and laughing my butt off. I've gotten many compliments as well as putdowns.. but this one was a first.. I think maybe my feminine aspects show more in my appearance and personality. I tihnk my masculinity appears in my actions and chivalry, both coexist equally my personality is androgynous. But I really don't like calling it masculinity and femininity because there's so many different spectrums.. I'd love to hear from you guys, as always y'all keep it interesting and classy.(!)(!)(!)

#1 wannahavechange, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think of femininity and masculinity in the "traditional" sense.
    Feminine- giving off stereotypically female qualities, like being sweet and quiet, and able to be an assistant rather than in charge. Caring about appearance and doing traditionally female things.
    Masculine- outspoken, bold, and powerful. Likes to be in charge, and does typically male things.
    Aaand in a nutshell I summed up gender roles! Which suck. Just wanted to note that I don't believe that men should always be masculine and women should always be feminine. Be you even if society doesn't like it!
    As for me, I do like women with "masculine" traits, like confidence and humor. I also can like feminine women as well, but I tend to be drawn to masculine women.

3. alilnervous

It's all just social ideas anyway, I wouldn't take that stuff too seriously.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Are you implying people should be themselves, regardless of what is between their legs? That is it possible to be or balance both qualities, without invalidating your identity?

Total insanity, that is! Do you want the world to slip into absolute anarchy?!